Talk to You

Everyone was finally in their groups. Luckily the boy who you kept glancing over at, finally had a team that you were sure was strong enough to make it through. You barely even heard Bakugo's plan to win and the assignments he gave to everyone.

Kirishima caught on to your delayed responses as you kept looking over for the boy. He grimaced when Bakugo would hit the back of your head when he saw how distracted you were and even had to get Sero to hold you back before you sent your own attack to the blonde.

You were up in front carrying some weight from the blonde. From what you could remember, you had the job of offense. You had to keep the "damn extras" away with your quirk or either lightning or whatever else you could come up with your "weird-ass" quirk.

As you all prepared for the official start, you could practically feel the blood lust coming from the boy above you with his eyes trained on your friend.

No, not friend.

Not anymore.

With the sound of Midnight's whip, you all took off. The blonde didn't wait a single second before immediately charging towards Midoriya's group.

Everyone practically jumped over each other, heading towards the boy before he went up towards the sky, causing Bakugo to do the same. He sent some explosions as he went up, a part of you wanted to tug him back down to prevent the attack. But he needed this. You're no longer at his side to help him. He had to learn to do it by himself.

To your relief, the boy instructed his teammate to block the attack, causing the damn hothead to fall down.

"Sero," you grumbled.

"Already on it my friend!" He smirked as he lifted his arm to wrap his tape around the blonde. He caught him with one arm, softly chuckling at the blonde's reaction.

"Hey, Bakugo, just a thought. Um, the next time you want to, I don't know...LEAVE THE GROUP, CAN YOU GIVE US A HEADS UP?!?!" You yelled as he climbed back up to the top.

As the two of you had a mini yelling match about how you can't yell at him like he's an idiot, with Kirishima damn near about to have a heart attack you caught the last moments of Bakugo having his headband stolen from another team.

"Your class is too small-minded," The team's leader said. He was blonde with a smug look in his eyes as he twirled the headband around his finger. "Such a shame, think bigger."

"Shit." You muttered.

Everyone on your team began to panic with the now zero points you all had to your name. Bakugo on the other hand was livid, causing you to smirk as you assumed you both had the same plan.

"What did you say?!?!" He growled, having his hand up as if he was strangling someone. "Give that back! I'll kill you!"

Okay, maybe the two of you didn't have the same plan.

"Midnight said the obstacle course was just the first game. We figured they wouldn't cut that many of us right off the bat. Would they?" he said with a widening smirk. "Assuming they'd keep at least 40 contestants for the next event, all we had to do was make sure we stayed within that group as we ran." He continued as you tried to get close enough to knock him off and maybe deflate that damn ego.

"You planned this as a class?" Kirishima said as he stepped forward with you.

The blonde smiled as he began to wrap the headband around his forehead, looking you straight in the eye as if he was daring you to come closer.

"It wasn't totally unanimous but I'd say it's playing out well. It's better than chasing after a temporary front runner like a horse with a carrot waving in its face." The blonde turned over as he saw the obvious anger coming from your own team's leader. He turned over his shoulder as if he remembered something.