Quiet

Halfway through the walk, the two of you haven't said a word. The only sound that could be made was cars passing by and Iida and Uraraka talking about everything and nothing. Izuku was absentmindedly playing with his bandage finger that was unraveling little by little. You sighed and pulled his hand inspecting the injury.

"Your mom is gonna kill you for this you know," you sighed out.

"She'll be fine it's really nothing it's not like I broke all my limbs again right?" he nervously laughed, trying to do anything to lighten the heavy air.

"That's not funny you idiot," you side-eyed him.

Waving goodbye to Iida and Uraraka you two continued your walk to his house. He sensed the heavy tension in the air and wanted to test the waters again to see your mood. Maybe you were annoyed at his injury. Or were you just getting tired of looking after him? Maybe you were just tired of him? The boy never really had friends there for him. Everyone turned their back to them when they discovered he was quirkless it would make sense for you to do the same.

"So did you enjoy today? I saw you made a lot of new friends too!" He faked cheered trying to preoccupy his own mind from thoughts he was scared was going to come true.

"I guess it was okay, everyone was tolerable except that Bakugo kid he got on my nerves. Oh and Iida too but he always gets on my nerves. I caught that grape kid staring at my ass too, that was really annoying," you rambled on.

He smiled at your response. Your rambling was usually a sign that you were comfortable. Maybe that's why you were so quiet around Uraraka and Iida. You're not comfortable with them yet. "So in short you found it annoying?" he laughed out, "Was it the people or just being at a new school?"

"I just have to warm up to everyone you know that. Hopefully, tomorrow is better and more exciting. Watch your step," you said putting an arm across his chest to stop him from tripping over.

He caught your arm, "Thanks," he said, giving a quick squeeze in appreciation. "Hey did you catch All Might staring at us too?"

"Yeah, he's so fucking annoying."

"You say that about everyone y/n."

You shrugged, "And?"

He laughed, "Hurry up and get in," he opened the door tugging on your sleeve to drag you in. "I could really use a nap and some food. You can go ahead and order takeout and you know where my wallet is. It's on me today since last week you paid for the ice cream." He opened his door heading to his room to sleep, "Also wake me when it's here pretty please!" he called out while yawning.

***

After answering the door to get the food you ordered, you went into his room. You knocked softly and were answered by soft snoring. Cracking open the door you saw the green-haired boy with the covers halfway on his body with a small amount of drool hanging on his lip.

You shook your head and walked over to pour rain on him until he giggled a little in his sleep. He always would do that and that usually meant he's dreaming about being a hero. The sound was sweet like honey as it left his lips, leaving a toothy smile on the boy.

Brushing the hair away from his eyes you got a better look at him. His left dimple was still on his smiley face accompanied by the many freckles across his cheeks. How many did he have? It's probably at least over 50-

What the hell are you doing?

"Hey," you shook him. "Wake up the food is here."

He stretched out groaning, "Whatcha get," he yawned as his green droopy eyes made contact with yours. He still obviously needed a few more hours based on his look.

"Same old stuff," you pulled out your phone. "Also I can't spend the night. My mom told me she's coming home tonight so I have to be there."

He perked up swinging his legs off the side of his bed. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask you about that!" You hummed, "Can I meet her? I never really seen her before but I've seen pictures when we went to your house before. You really do look like her! You both have the same hair and eye shape."

It was true. You had most of her looks. But you always tried your hardest not to be anything like her. Always looked out for people even if that means forgetting to look after yourself.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," you tried to blow him off. You walked out the door to the kitchen. While taking the takeout out of the bag he came up behind you massaging your shoulders as he always did. He just always had to touch you and you always leaned into it. It's hard to see how just the slightest touch can be comforting to someone who is always uncomfortable and feel out of place.

He removed his hands as you prepped the food. Sighing he plopped his head onto your shoulder. Green locs tickled your neck and face as he talked, "Do you act like her too?"

"Huh?" you snapped your head in his direction. Your noses brushed as you did so causing him to blush but not dare pull away. But as he was in a daze you were somewhere else.

"I mean you have a strong personality. You two must be the same-" he said just barely above a whispered, still clearly caught off guard how the both of you haven't dared to move. He should be frightened. A lot of people make him nervous as if they turn on him and belittle him like everyone else did. But he always felt comfortable with you. Just like now.

"We're not!" you snapped, turning your shoulder away from him creating much space as possible. He stumbled a little from the sudden disappearance. "Sorry I should get going I'll see you tomorrow get some rest and eat." You turned to grab your phone until he caught your wrist.

"Wait y/n aren't you hungry?" his eyes were filled with confusion. "Why are you leaving so suddenly? Did I say something wrong?" You got out of his grip, grabbing your things as he followed you around trying to get a hand on how you're feeling.

You go to the door pulling it open, "Goodnight Midoriya."

Midoriya? It's Izuku. You're supposed to say Izuku. Gently like you always say it. Gently like how you would brush the hair from his eyes or how you looked when you were so tired. Like it was the best name in the world. You always said it softly like if you said his name in a wrong tone it would shatter. Hearing Midoriya in your monotone voice somehow stung.

"See ya tomorrow." You slammed the door shut, leaving him behind with tears he didn't even realize had fallen from his eyes. The look of your back turning on him so quickly hurt so much and he didn't understand why.

Why couldn't you just use your words and explain to him what he did wrong? Why did he mess up in the first place? Why was his house so much quieter without you? Why did you have to leave him? And why did it hurt so bad?

***

Walking inside your house you were met with your mother eating in the kitchen. "Yours is in the microwave," she said, nodding her head in the direction of the food.

"Thanks," you walked over to the microwave and quickly heated your food before you went to eat in your room. After finishing up you quickly went over some assignments from today trying your best to ignore Izuku's constant phone calls and texts.

Must be the same as your mother? She was rude and never let up on your mistakes. She didn't care if you came back home at late hours. She always got so worked up against you and found a way to make something your fault. She never had the patience for you.

But she would be caring at times. Making sure the fridge was still stocked with your favorite food. She would bring back your favorite takeout every time. She still thought of you when getting something for herself.

She was still your mother. That's what your friends used to say when you'd come to them with tears down your face because she would say the nastiest things to you. Yes, she is still your mother but you were her daughter. Her only daughter.

Which one was he talking about when he asked if you act like her? The mean, brutal side of her that would yell as loud as thunder. Or the caring and sometimes calm side of her that was soft like a drizzle of rain.