Shadow

A/N: Hey guys! I'm just here to say I have multiple Spotify playlists for you to listen to as you read or just to listen to! My acc name is Lavendarlavish! Hope you enjoy this chapter please leave comments and a vote! Tell your fellow Izuku simps too, please! Enjoy!

11:30 am

*Phone rings*

Y/n: *Clearly just waking up* Yeah?

Izuku: Good morning sleeping beauty! Want to train at the beach with me?

Y/n: What time? *Doorbell rings*

Izuku: How about now?

***

"I can't believe I just got kidnapped by you yet again." You grumbled as you kicked the sand below you. The weather on the beach was calm with the smell of fresh saltwater filling the air.

"You say that like it's a bad thing!" He laughed as he pulled his phone from his pocket, "So you ready to train? All Might sent me a workout. Oh, we can spar too!"

"Quirk or no quirk?"

"I do need to practice focusing on it. At the USJ I used it two times without breaking anything!"

The wind was strong enough to blow the two of your hair in every direction as you tried to keep it from looking insane. "Two times huh?" He nodded as he gave you a hair tie for your hair that he always kept on his wrist because you always seemed to break them or lose them. "What was different about using it then versus using it when you broke your legs?" You asked as you put your hair back.

"The first punch I used was when Tsu was going to get disintegrated by that villain." He muttered as he began to pull on his lip, a habit that you always liked and sometimes caught yourself doing it. "The second time was when I jumped up to move Tsu and Mineta at a safer distance when the villains were distracted by- Well you know."

He never liked to talk about the USJ incident. You blackout and barely remembered the feeling of your own skin suffering from your quirk. Every time you would bring it up he would either change the subject completely or say he forgot.

The two days you spent at his house, every time you brought it up he  always stiffens up before speaking. He would get closer to you almost like a reminder to himself that you were okay. He wasn't there to protect you as he promised to do and you got hurt because of it.

What kind of hero can't protect someone that they-

You plop down on the sand broke the boy out of his thoughts as he went to shake them off. "I see so when you're using it to protect others it never backfires. And it takes a lot of focus right?" He nodded in response, "Alright, I'll be your punching bag!"

"WHAT?!!?"

"You practice some punches with me and try to focus. You won't hurt me because I know you know how to control its power. If someone like All Might can do it, you definitely can. Now I'm going to let you know now that I suck at teaching so it's your call." You laughed softly at the way he was still processing your first recommendation.

"I don't think I'll be able to do it. How about we just spar without quirks or you can use yours against me since that seems to be what's going to happen at the sports festival."

You tilted your head to the side causing the boy to giggle and do the same. "You sure?" He hesitated before answering. "Okay how about this. After the workout, we'll do one round of no quirks at all. Another round of just me using my quirk, then another round of both of us using our quirks!" He gave you an unsure look as you threw some water in his face, "Trust me we'll be okay."