A Fatal Memory

You were in the backyard playing with him. He was always smiling and making jokes about you as you both played around and sparred. He was happy and full of love just as you remembered.

Your mom would come out every so often shaking her head as she saw him put you in a headlock or vise versa.

"Darling, don't you think you should be going easy on her? She's only five!" She laughed as you broke out of the headlock, throwing yourself at him to tackle him to the floor as he fell over fake groaning while he surrendered.

"Ah! You got me! The great and powerful y/n got me!" He yelled out as you stood up, hands on your hips laughing like a madman.

You pointed at him, "That's right daddy! You just wait, I'm going to become the best spy ever and beat you up every day!"

"It seems like you have some competition dear." Your mother said as she walked over to the grass, sitting down next to him as he gave her a quick peck on the lips. She was more lively. More bright and sunny and not dark and stormy. She was so full of life.

"I'm terrified!" He yelled as you punched and kicked the air. "You really want to be a spy like your old man huh? Why not a hero?"

You stopped as you sat down across from them, loving how they always had to be touching in some way as your dad played with your mother's hair. "Why choose when I can be both like you! I'll be taking out bad guys left and right like you do when you're undercover." You smiled as you threw punches, "I'll be like boom! Pow pow!"

"Well sweetheart, being undercover means you can't always fight the bad guys. Sometimes you have to play pretend."

He would always go on missions that sometimes lasted a long time. Playing an ally to some undercover heroes as he moved up the ranks. He'd always come home with some exciting story to tell you.

You gasped, "Tell me some more stories! Do you have any more about that mysterious birdman you met underground! The one who you said wears a funny jacket and funny beak!"

"No, I don't have any stories about him, but I do have one about the mystery man!"

"The mystery man! Tell me! Tell me!"

"He has the quirk to pass on other quirks to others. Right now he's after the big and buff All Might!"

You shook your head in disgust. "Ugh! I don't like All Might, he smiles too much."

Your mom groaned as she plopped her head on his shoulder. "She has a point. The man seems obnoxious."

"He is, trust me. I met the man before while I was undercover." Your dad laughed. "But the mystery man is growing too powerful with his quirk and really wants to fight All Might so daddy gonna need to train in case things get out of hand."

You stood up as you picked up a stick that had fallen from the tree perhaps. "You know dad you should carry a lot of weapons." You said as you waved it back and forth, making lightsaber noises.

He laughed as he saw you trip over a rock, picking it up to throw it out of slight anger. Yeah, you definitely get your attitude from the woman laying on him. "A lot of weapons like what?"

"You should use ninja stars! Oh no a sword! No no no a missile!" You yelled.

"I'm afraid swords and missiles are a little too flashy. Remember you never want to wear something that makes you unforgettable or stand out. I get on just fine with my fists and capture tools."