Green Anklet

A/N: Check out my side stories fic too! Look at my profile!

The two weeks seemed to have flown by for you. You rotated everyday between training with Izuku and All Might to even training with some of your classmates. Mina's agility made her a great matchup for you where Todoroki and you even helped each other with quirk improvements. Every day was draining but it was thrilling all at the same time.

It was quite obvious that ever since your mini-breakdown to Izuku the two of you grew impossibly closer. The nights you spent at his house were amazing and wherever one person was, the other was right there. You caught some weird little interactions made between the boy and his mom that made you a little confused but everything else was great.

Now that today is the day of the festival you were more than excited. Even your mom kinda, sorta wished you good luck if you count "Just make sure not to make a big mess when you win," as encouragement.

You and Izuku agreed it would be better if you slept at your own house so you both won't be tempted to train some more or do some dumb things together. He was very whiny at first but agreed.

***

Walking on the outside of the event you spotted a certain piece of green hair about to enter the building. You picked up your pace as you jumped on his back to surprise him, "Did ya miss me, kid?"

He caught your legs as he hiked them up higher around him, "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm older than you. And yes I actually did miss you." He said softly before spinning in circles down the hallway before letting you down.

Laughing together you both headed towards the hallway to meet with the rest of the class. You both were talking about what tests or obstacles were going to happen when a certain blonde hero came in.

"Ah, Young Midoriya and Y/n! Are you two excited for today? I'm hoping one of you plans on making your mark!" The hero boasted in his hero form as he ruffled the boy's hair.

"Yeah, we are! We were just talking about it!" The boy said as he threw an arm around you laughing.

"That's really great," the hero said in fake amusement before awkwardly clearing his throat. "Actually I've been meaning to ask you y/n if we can talk about something real quick." Izuku gave the two of you an unsure look before the hero threw his head back, forcing a laugh out of him. "Don't worry I won't keep her long, it's nothing important!"

"I'll catch up with you soon, don't wait up!" You called out before walking to a secluded hallway with the hero.

He let his hero form deflate before talking in a solemn voice. His voice was always different from his hero form's voice. Quieter. A bit on the softer side. But now it sounds so sad, as his eyes filled with a strained emotion. "Alright."

"Okay old man. What's up?" You asked while peeking over the corner of the hallway to make sure nobody was listening in the conversation.

He sighed tiredly before he spoke. He seemed to be at conflict with himself with whatever he needed to say. "I'm going to need you to be serious y/n for this talk. It's really important for Young Midoriya's future as a hero."

"Okay spit it out." You said with a small laugh.

"I'm serious. Whatever I say cannot leave this hallway at all. You have to be completely serious. So no snarky comebacks or teasing for today. Got it?" He said in a serious, more intense tone as he started to pick at his fingers nervously.

Catching on to his serious tone you nodded, "Yes sir I do. Can you tell me already you're starting to freak me out? What do you mean Izuku's future?"