Rain and Rainbows, Regret and Loneliness

Trigger Warning: Izuku Midoriya not taking care of himself. Panic Attack. Just heavy angst.

I recommend listening to the following:

"Rainbow Connection" by Laufey (The video above)

"Sick of Losing Soulmates" by Dodie

-Y/n-

It was the next morning when you woke up with a headache. Probably cried yourself to sleep after you pretty much collapsed in your home.

It was empty. No sign of anything that made this house feel like a home. No happy photos on the wall. No signs of any liveliness anywhere. It was cold, quiet, yet nolgastic in some twisted way. Guess that's because you only had yourself at the end of the day ever since you were a kid. Grown used to being the only one in the world to care about yourself.

You turned your head as you heard birds chirping ahead outside the window next to your bed. You winced as you felt the sun's ray glow down upon before seating up to close the damn curtain. As you sat up you saw the clear sunny day, not a damn cloud in the sky. Oh, how cute. There was a rainbow.

Your mind immediately flashed to his backyard after he comforted you as he had always done. Saying how it wasn't your fault. Some lie that was huh?

"Look!" he pointed at the sky, a big smile across his face. "You made a rainbow!"

You looked over as your eyes soften, smiling softly, "It's beautiful."

It was beautiful that day. Shined all the colors at the brightest setting you could imagine. You thought it was the rain you loved so much, maybe it was, but the rainbow that came after it was also nice. At least it was.

You thought of your quirk the same way. Began to love it as it helped create that rainbow from that day because how could something that was deemed bad create something so beautiful? Your rain mixing with the sunlight to create something so beautiful that came from your hands. It made you proud. At peace. Calm. But that was all some illusion, right?

You thought your power could be beautiful, just like he was.

The relationship was something that spawned from destruction and tears just for it to have a light shine through the storm and bring a rainbow. If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain. You did that, you thought he did that too until he got sick of it. Was tired of being blown by the winds and frozen by the cold water. Now he's gone. Two people can't see the rainbow the same way anyways. Right?

What was so special about them anyway? Why do people adore rainbows? Write songs about them, wonder what's on the other side, take pictures to keep the memory? It's only rain and sunlight.

Only happens after a promise. A promise of the sun to shine down after the rain, chase it down even after its destruction because it made a promise. And promises aren't made just to be broken.

Rainbows are dumb anyways. Just a trick of the eye. Nothing but rain stuck in the air with the sun to shine through it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just rain and sunshine. Something dark and something bright. Sounds familiar huh?

Izuku was the same. Your sun. Your calm. Your sense of peace.

Maybe the rain from last night caused the rainbow today. All that destruction just to create something that would just fade away soon.

The sun and rain were hand in hand to each other. Calm after storms. Joy after sadness. Peace after pain. Love after hate. They created something together as an apology for the angered skies, so where's your apology? Where's your rainbow? Wait-