Why They Are Named

-Izuku-

He was staring at the hands of a monster in front of him. Nothing but fear-filled his entire body. The girl next to him was using her tongue to tug him out of the hands as two hands that decay anything that comes in contact with them was raining down on her and the other boy next to her. They were all certain that this would be their last day. Until they heard a roar coming from one of their friends just feet away from them.

"NO!"

She was pinned down by some large man with a dagger to her throat that had already started to slice her delicate skin until lightning circled her body. It danced and flickered around her so bright it had to be blinding from that close. Parts of the hero costume that he had sketched for her as she laid fast asleep in his bed holding a certain pillow. He spent more time on her costume than his very own. Making sure to note every single thing he could think of to make it perfect. Unfortunately for him, he seemed to underestimate the sheer power of her quirk.

The villain was long gone by now as her body shook and jerked by the shocking, burning sensation of her quirk. Parts of her costume turned to ash as it crumbled off of her.

The villains in front of the students had gotten distracted by the pained screams laying ahead of them. The pure destruction of her quirk. The loud claps of thunder to follow as dark clouds circled above the glass ceiling. She was powerful and with the right emotions, they could use that power.

With the villains ahead of them distracted the three kids had jumped away with the green-haired boy carrying both of his friends at a safer distance. His legs didn't break like his arm didn't break when he threw a punch.

Looking over to his raven-haired teacher he cried out in pain just by hearing her screams, "MR. AIZAWA YOU HAVE TO ERASE HER QUIRK! PLEASE IF YOU CAN DO IT!"

The teacher was falling in and out of consciousness as sleep begged his body to submit to it over and over until he lazily turned his head to her. Opening his eyes once more to flash red as her body stopped. She went limp.

The sound of a door opening and revealing the symbol of peace allowed for everyone to take a shaky breath.

He rushed straight into action knocking villains out before they had a chance to blink. Taking notice of the girl that seemed to always be on his case he picked her body up. Her skin was almost too hot to touch in places where her costume had burned off. He ran across moving the students by the water at a safer distance quickly moving the girl over his shoulder and his coworker in his arms, taking note of how the both of them had to have fought so hard due to him resting in some teacher's lounge!

Walking over to the students he handed the teacher to the froggy girl and her shorter classmate. Before he even had a chance to remove the limp girl from his shoulder a certain boy had already grabbed her. Holding her lifeless body. She twitched. Probably due to the electricity still being flowed through her body. He barely even saw her through teary eyes that no matter how much he blinked he couldn't get a better view of her.

She had told him bits and pieces of what would happen if her quirk had gone crazy, but just like everything in her life. She downplayed it.

Blood had started to stain his uniform from her side. She twitched every now and then. Her neck had blood barely dripping from the warning cut the villain had given her. He was able to save and protect like he promised himself he would that day.

Looking over his shoulder he saw his idol struggling in his fight. He knew his time was ticking and he didn't have much left. He had to go help him. But not before she was safe.

"Uraraka!" he yelled out from above the stairs as he picked his pace up to meet the brunette.

"Deku! Is she okay?"

"She's okay, she's going to be okay." He seemed to only be talking to himself rather than the girl in front of him as his eyes scanned every wound. Every reminder that she wasn't as invincible as he thought. She always protected him since the day they met and he couldn't do the same just once? "Please take her, I have to go help," he tried to placed her into the brunette's arms for her to float.

"But Deku-"

"PLEASE!" He cried out.

"Give her to me. I got her." The pink-haired girl called out softly taking the girl into her hold. She was stronger than the brunette and had no problem carrying her dead weight. After confirmation of her safety and with the quick check of her now stable pulse he took off into the fight before him.

***

-Y/n-

They were so happy together.

Always hand in hand as they strolled through the rain.

Your parents were so sickeningly in love. You wanted what they had.

But of course, the storm had to happen. By your own hands.

Being in the hospital after the first and last intense fight with your dad was terrifying. Having burn marks that traced your skin was horrifying. They were not deep enough to scar  But deep enough to remind you that losing control was life-threatening to you and those around you.

You tried to look in comfort from your mother.

The comfort of her touch. Feeling warm hands on your cheeks after you had a nightmare or if you had taken a fall. The gentleness of a simple touch that seemed to melt away everything.

Turning over in your cold, hard bed you saw her figure in a daze, staring at the wall as if it entertained her. She had bandages on her head with gauze on her cheek. Reaching your cold little fingers to touch her arm. To feel that gentle touch to wash away the fear of being somewhere that was not comforting.

As soon as your fingertips made contact with her arm she jerked back into reality. Flinching so hardback she almost fell out of her chair.

You were so confused as you called out to her telling her you were scared. She looked at you with such horror like you weren't her children. Like you were some monster.

The days spent in the hospital were awful. The only touch you had was the cold gloves around the doctor's hands are they checked on you. Your mother said not a thing to you the whole stay until you both were finally discharged.

Finally walking into a hotel until you both could find a real place to stay, you spoke up to her.

"Where's daddy?"

She kept walking. Ignoring you. As she did in the hospital.

Matching her stride you took her hand. The same hand that picked you up and spun you around as you laughed and screamed. The same hand that held yours when crossing the street. The same hand that would put makeup on you when you two played dress up. The same warm hand that comforted you.

Now that warm hand had ran cold. Leaving yours in a flash. It happened so quickly you didn't realize you were on the floor with a stinging cheek.

You looked up and didn't even recognize her as she growled out from over her shoulder.

"After knowing you, I finally understand why storms are named after people."