Fixing What Was Broken

I recommend listening to the following:

"Two" by Sleeping At Last

"i love you" by Billie Eilish 

The camp trip was approaching in a few days, that what should be your main focus right now. You should be focusing on how to become a better hero now. How to make your quirk excel. How to not be the cause of everyone's downfall. That should be your focus. Not the phone call you received from his mother last night.

She was crying on the phone on the phone with you as she went on and on about not knowing what to do for him. Said he was sleeping less and less, barely eating unless she practically forced it down his throat. Told you how she would sometimes hear him in the middle of the night, breathing so heavily or working out once again. He was self-destructing that much was obvious.

She didn't necessarily call you to beg for you to come back. No, she called you for advice, asking how you'd calm him down what you would do for her little boy to come back because she didn't recognize the shell of a boy he was now.

You were pretty much speechless the entire phone call trying to wrap your head around the situation. You never seen him so down before. He always had a smile on his face around you when you two were together. He had his moments where you had to force him to stop training but never like this.

She had told you that you didn't have to come over. Said that if you wanted to stay home then to stay home since she was at work and he was the only one at the house. That didn't stop you from grabbing your hoodie and some sweatpants to jog over to his house in the drizzling rain.

You flipped the welcome home mat over as you grabbed the spare key to unlock the door.

Their house was always so homey. The pictures on the wall of their family. The pieces of collections that they had gotten when they'd travel around. Everything just felt so warm.

Walking over to his room, you opened the door, grumbling as you felt all the memories flash in your head. The first time you crashed in his bed after All Might nearly killed you two from a workout he created. The first day you comforted him when he was so worried about getting into UA. How you held on to him and called him by his given name for the first time.

The days spent goofing around and arguing over who was the best. Eating in his room as you both would watch whatever movie would come on.

When you both cried together as he comforted you, told you how you were a safe place for him. When you both revealed each other's feelings for each other and shared your first kiss as you laughed and laughed together when you finally became each other's. The times spent when you both gave soft, passionate kisses as your hands explored each other.

Everything that soon became nothing.

Was it ever something to begin with?

What were you even doing here-

"Y/n?" You heard a raspy voice whisper as you whipped your head around, looking for the owner of the voice.

"Izuku."

You two stared at each other for what felt like an eternity as you felt like you were being drawn to him all over again. You saw how his eyes were wide as they bounced between yours. He was in his bed, some headphones laying over his shoulders. Probably didn't even hear you come in.

You wanted to run to him. Run back to him, he was your calm in your storm, but you were his storm in the calm and you cared for him too deeply to allow him to live in your chaos.