Company

The next day you and Izuku walked together in class as you were both met with a crying Mina as she threw herself onto you sobbing. Sato, Denki, and Kirishima were there too as they all had solemn looks on their faces.

"E-Everyone," Mina sobbed as she released you from the hug. "I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun camp was."

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go! There might be a last-minute twist or something!" Izuku said as he tried to cheer everyone up while Denki marched up to him like a madman.

"They said whoever failed the exams would have to skip the training camp and  live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practical so we're doomed! Don't you get it Midoriya?! Or did All Might knock the brains outta ya!" He yelled as he poked Izuku in the eye, causing you to try and hold your snicker in as Izuku screamed.

"Ease up Kaminari! I'm not sure I'll get to go either! Our team only passed thanks to Mineta. I got knocked out and we don't know how they're scoring this stuff so I might flunk too." Sero said as he rested his arm on your head until Denki grabbed you by the shoulders, shaking you violently.

"Y/n please bring me back some camp souvenirs! Please!" He begged hysterically while Izuku was violently rubbing his eyes. It was way too early for this.

You grabbed his hands as you tried to push him away from you, "Wait?! Why me?! And are you going to poke me in my eyes too if I say no? Unlike Izuku I actually punch back Denki! I like you, I really do but-"

"Y/n please?!?!!?" He yelled as you all heard the door open, rushing to your seats.

Aizawa walked in as he glanced over the now silent class, "When the bell rings, you should be seated." He glared until he saw how you were all already seated. "Alright, good morning. Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So when it comes to the training camp in the woods," he paused as you saw all five of the students bite their nails anxiously. "Everyone is going!"

"It's a last-minute twist!" They all yelled.

You laughed as you turned to Izuku, "Looks like you were right huh?"

He nodded, "Yeah seems like it."

"Sorry for the eye thing Midoriya," Denki whispered to the boy as you laughed.

"Yeah, no one failed the written exams but five of you failed the practical, badly. Two teams of course and Sero as well." Aizawa explained.

Sero groaned, "I knew it!"

"For the practical battles, the teachers made a way for the students to be sure to win. Otherwise, none of you would've stood a chance. We were interested in seeing how you all would work together and approached the task at hand."

Ojiro raised his hand, "But I thought you said that the teachers wouldn't be holding back?"

"That was just to get you on edge. Besides, the training camp will focus on building your strength. Those of you who failed need those lessons the most. We were never going to separate you, that was just a logical deception we used." Aizawa explained as he smiled eerily at you all, causing you to sink into your seat.

Iida shot up from his seat as he did his infamous chopping, robotic motion, "Mr. Aizawa this is the second time you lied to us! Aren't you scared we're gonna lose faith in you?!?"

"Pipe down Iida before you blow a blood vessel or something." You said as you went to throw an eraser at him until Izuku stopped you, glaring at you lightly as he already guessed your move, "What?!"

"That's a good point, I'll consider it, but I wasn't lying to you about everything. Failure is failure. We've prepared extra lessons for the five of you. Frankly, they'll be far tougher than what you would have faced in summer school." Aizawa stated before dismissing the class as everyone got in their usual groups.