You, Not Me

You were back against that damn cold wall looking down. It seemed that Bakugo had made a mess and they would need time to rebuild the stadium after this fight is over. You headed down to the waiting room to plan your fight against Todoroki.

He's using both sides now so you had to watch out for that. You could only do one weather storm at a time like how he can use one side at a time so you both will be equally matched. He was fast and very flexible and since his father is a top pro hero that probably meant he had fast thinking and was very experienced. He could just freeze your water or even evaporate it with heat. Maybe lightning? Or maybe use-

Suddenly you heard limping steps as you brought your head up as you faced him.

Izuku.

He wasn't looking where he was going once again and was muttering about something until he felt a pair of eyes on him.

You both stared at each other waiting for the other one to say something.

You should probably do something right. You were the one to tell him to stop talking to you and leave you alone so it had to be you. What do you say? Where do you start? Sorry? Or maybe just flat out say, hey I just realized that I kinda really like you a lot so can we put the whole us yelling at each other thing and ignoring each other behind us and be together? Yeah because that would totally work.

The boy knew you wanted to say something as he saw you pulling at your fingers with your eyes darting everywhere with your mouth opening and closing. His thoughts were racing. You wanted to say something so say it! It had to be you, you just told him to pretty much fuck off and leave! And why? You were sick of him, right? Finally, realized how weak he is? How useless he is? What was it!?!

Scoffing he walked past you heading up the stairs to watch the next matches as you did the same and walked straight into the waiting room.

If ruining this relationship between the two of you was a race, you'd definitely win by a landslide. Him on the other hand would still be at the starting line, standing there with his legs glued to the floor, daring not to move an inch. You would lap him easily as the race would go on but if lapping him means seeing you again, he'd be just fine. Even though your back would be facing him, and he wouldn't see the smile he loved seeing, just seeing you would just be enough to keep him going along.

***

After sitting in the quiet, cold waiting room it was time for you to go.

Walking out you heard the familiar roars of the crowd but they seemed to be more excited. Even Present Mic seemed more amped than usual if that was even possible.

You and Todoroki wore the same blank, puzzled face as you two met in the middle. After Midnight restated the rules to you both she gave the official start.

Right away Todoroki slammed his hand down as his biggest ice attack yet launched towards you, trapping you in some ice shelter. So he was just trying to trap you and get this over with. Part of you almost let him until you realized you had to fight for yourself because at the end of the day that's all you had.

Taking a deep breath in, you exhaled as your heatwave flowed from all over your body quickly melting the ice around you. You heard cracking as you guessed the structure was starting to give away. Soon enough the ice broke apart as the top of it began to rain down on you as you easily sidestepped the large ice boulder before jumping out of its opening, drenched in your own sweat and water.

Present Mic led the crowd in cheers as they saw you now free as you raised both hands. He wanted this over as quickly as possible too right?

Flying both hands up you allowed heavy wind and rain to form around you. In the corner of your eyes, you saw some people's hats flying off, others holding on to their seats. They all seemed so overdramatic. C'mon, it's just a little hurricane. No biggie.