S. 1 EP. 5 Scraplet Attack

The computer console was making nothing but static and hissing noises "Ratchet to Optimus, do you read me? We have a situation." Ratchet tried desperately to communicate with their stranded comrades in the arctic. "The Scraplets have gotten into the com-link system! If we don't eradicate these creatures immediately, they will reduce the entire base to a scrap heap!"

"I say we bug out of here and let them keep it!" Bulkhead exclaimed. Bumblebee whirred in agreement.

"Evacuation is not an option. If we don't get the ground bridge back online stat, Optimus and Arcee will perish." Ratchet said, making his point clear.

"They will?" Jack said concerned

"Bulkhead, you never run!" Miko protested

"Miko, you haven't seen a swarm of these things devour a bot. I have." He gave her a stern look.

The look of absolute terror growing on bulkhead's face made chills go down Julianna's spine.

"They pick you apart from the inside out, going for the small, juicy bits first -- Fuse by fuse, circuit by circuit, till there's nothing left, and I mean nothing. Not even your optics." He covered his face with a servo.

"You have to let us help." Jack said

"We're not made of metal." Raf looked at Julie then at the bots.

"Yeah. The Scraplets can't hurt us." Miko smiled and jabbed a thumb at herself.

"We'll be your shield for once." Julie clutched her fist in front of her chest.

"Typically, I find your fleshiness to be your least engaging quality But it would appear to provide an advantage under these extremes." Ratchet agreed.

"Okay, good." Julie nodded

"So we pair off - One bot, one human." Jack stated. "I'll watch your back while you repair the ground bridge."

"And we go on a bug hunt." Miko and Raf looked at bulkhead and bee.

"Except for me. I'll be sticking around here as well. To guard Ratchet's flank. This is one of the most important areas at the moment. The ground bridge HAS to be fixed."

Bee gave a creeped out shuddering Buzz.

"Oh, boy." Bulk said, sinking down a bit.

Julianna was sitting on her haunches with her eyes closed and both hard wood practice swords out. One was resting on her shoulder the other was at the ready. She could hear bulkhead shriek down the hallway he went as the lights flickered.

"I don't hear any metallic scuttling yet." She reported.

"How's it going over there?" Jack asked

Ratchet grunted. "I've repaired the damaged conductors and rerouted the central conduits, but the ground bridge still won't receive power!"

"Shhhhhh!" She waved at them to keep it down. "They're here." She pointed up to the grate high on the wall.

They turned to look where she was looking and they felt their blood/energon go cold.

The tiny beasts were meandering along the wall until they turned their faces up to look at where Julie and Jack were... Then they spotted Ratchet.

The scraplets made a grinding noise as they took flight zooming straight for Ratchet.

"Whoa! They fly?! You never said they could fly!" Jack backed up a few steps as Julie stood up and bolted trying to get between them and Ratchet. She swung at the scraplets knocking several out of the air and her efforts gave ratchet a few extra seconds to run before the swarm caught up to him.