S. 1 EP. 6 Wheeljack

Bulkhead made his way into the central room of the base with Miko sitting on his shoulder.

"All right. Chores are done. Now can we do some dune-bashing?" Miko asked

"I don't know, Miko. Last time, I spent a week picking sand out of my articulators." He told her, not wanting to go.

Miko looked down at her lap disappointed.

"Uh, but, there's a monster-truck rally in town." He pointed out trying to cheer her back up.

"Optimus I'm receiving a signal on a restricted band." Ratchet called out.

"It appears to be coming from a starship inside this solar system."

He keyed in something on the computer.

Julie was perched on the railing with a pair of katana strapped to her back. Ever since the scraplet fiasco nearly a week ago she's kept the blades on her while in the base just in case they were needed. They were reinforced and sharp enough to cut through steel. She had to haggle for months with her dad to get them in the first place.

"It's an autobot identification beacon." Ratchet said, sounding slightly surprised.

"So there are other bots out there?" Jack asked

"The masses scattered to the galaxies when Cybertron finally went dark, but cons have been known to bait traps with false beacons." Arcee explained.

"I bet the new autobot is gonna be cool." Julie grinned.

They sent out a comm line to the ship.

"Unknown vessel, this is autobot outpost omega one." Optimus began "Identify yourself."

"I've had warmer welcomes from Decepticon combat brigades." The voice rang out through the speaker systems.

"Wheeljack?!" Bulkhead gasped "You old con crusher! What are you doing all the way out here?"

"Bulkhead? That you? What's with all the security?"

"The rock we're on is crawling with cons." Bulkhead explained. "How soon can you get here and even the odds?"

"Sometime tomorrow if I put metal to the pedal." Wheeljack stated

"Another bot's coming here." Miko said excitedly "How cool is that!" She looked at Bulkhead and he nodded.

"Wheeljack- I know of him by reputation only." Optimus looked at Bulkhead "Can you verify his voiceprint?"

"He is 1,000% the real deal, Optimus." Bulkhead grinned.

"We will send landing coordinates, Wheeljack. Safe journey." Optimus spoke through the comm line.

"See you soon, buddy. I'll make sure you get a proper welcome." Bulkhead finished before the call ended.

"So, who's the boyfriend?" Arcee teased.

Bulkhead chuckled "Me and Jackie go way back. We were part of the same war unit, the wreckers, which means the cons are gonna wish he never found us."

Julie grinned and watched Bulkhead. She couldn't wait to meet this new bot.

"Julianna. Would you please not sit on the railing like that. You could fall and break your neck." Ratchet scolded.

"Hm? Oh! Sorry Ratchet." She said hopping off the rails. "It's almost time to go home." She said looking at her phone. "Wanna stay at my place tonight Miko?" She asked, turning around.

"Heck yeah! We can stay up late and play video games!" The Japanese girl fist pumped.

"And we could stop at the store before we head back and pick up some snacks."