S. 2 EP. 12 Birthday

January Fourteenth arrived and the Chaos Patrol (Max, Axel and Erica) had arrived at the base in Axel's beat up old truck and were hauling musical instruments to the new popular hang out area in the base.

"What are you three doing?" Ratchet walked over "let me help."

"Oh my gosh he actually offered to help" Erica laughed

"Puh-lease. I would just prefer it if you not drop anything and make an unbearable racket."

"He's worried about noise." Max smirked and Axel snickered.

"What is with you three today?" The medic demanded

"We're putting together a party. Jack, Miko, Raf and the Fowlers are in on it but we're keeping the twins in the dark. So we gotta work fast while Jewels is at school and rehearsal. We sent Jamie on a mission with Crosshairs."

"Why, praytell would you do such a thing?" Ratchet sighed.

"It's Julie and Jamie's birthday. They turn nineteen today. We missed Jewels' big One Eight for obvious reasons so we're making up for it this year." Axel explained "I spent ages and many paychecks restoring these instruments after the Harpy smashed them after mister Harth died."

"Hmm." Ratchet hummed as he helped the teens move the instruments through the base, particularly the larger pieces of a drum set.

Once they got back to the room the others commandeered Ratchet blinked stunned. This was in reality the first time he'd been in the room in weeks. Last time all there had been was a couch and a makeshift table. Now there were chairs and other bot sized furniture with human sized furniture. It looked exactly like a bot and minicon cohabitation area on Cybertron in how things were placed so the smaller inhabitants wouldn't be stepped on but could still enjoy the space fully along with their larger counterparts.

On the wall next to the door were different shaped and sized controllers for different game consoles clearly labeled for each bot who they belonged to. Wheeljack, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee and even Crosshairs.

"Someone has been busy." Ratchet commented.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Game nights are a riot now." Erica grinned

Axel chuckled. "Wheeljack makes stuff in his downtime while Julie does her homework. Furniture and the controllers, he gets bored pretty easily. He made Crosshairs his own set too. At first he didn't want to but then after Cross kept touching his, he caved and did it so Cross could bugger off."

"I see." Ratchet gave the young adults their things back.

"Thanks Ratchet!" Max exclaimed as he took the drum set parts and began assembling it in an empty corner.

The medic continued to look around before leaving the three to their work.

Later that day, Julie and Jamie got back to the base at the same time. Wheeljack glared at Crosshairs but kept his mouth shut considering the day.

The twins walked back to the new hang out area and looked at each other when they heard the sound of a drum set.

"That sounds like..." Jamie started

"Max." Julie finished

The two ran ahead of their guardians and into the room to see the instruments the others had set up earlier that day.

"Oh my god! Daddy's kit!" Julie exclaimed

"All of it!" Jamie sprinted over snatching up a green six string electric guitar.

"I thought the harpy smashed it all" Julie grabbed a candy apple red electric guitar.

"She did. I spent a lot of time and money having it all fixed." Axel explained as he tuned a black bass guitar.