S. 1 EP. 14 The Tattoo

(A classic DoP chapter that was easy to edit and update. I had to cut out some content for the season for my own mental health. The sooner I can start chomping through old content edits and retcons the better.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year and all the special holiday wishes from your hopefully favorite spastic depressed mess! See you all next year! Hopefully I can keep up momentum and get this train back on track! Wish me luck.)

A few days later after a lot of teenage hijinks and goofing around with her brother and the setup of her new sanctuary away from her mother, Julie finally had a day to spend with the Autobots while Jamie spent a day with his long distance girlfriend Erica.

Bulkhead brought Miko and Julianna into the base, Miko was raving about everything Julie missed. Knockout and Bee racing and Vince getting kidnapped, Optimus getting sick, Megatron returning from the dead. Julianna was startled at the information that Megatron was back, she had only heard stories of the menace but she knew a threat when she heard one. She jumped out and took off her jacket draping it over her forearm. She had a bandage over her upper arm on the outside of her shoulder.

Bulkhead transformed and looked surprised at what he assumed was a wound "What happened to your arm Julie? Are you okay?" He asked worried.

His question alerted the rest of the Autobots to something being wrong. Soon after she was being pelted with questions on her well being and asking what happened for her to receive the wound.

"Guys guys guys." She made a calm down motion with her hands. "I'm fine. It's just a tattoo." She smiled.

"What's a tattoo?" Bulkhead asked.

"Permanent art on the body. Mostly made through needles and ink going under the skin."

Bulkhead nodded a bit, seeming to understand.

"A tattoo!?" Miko exclaimed. "What is it?"

"That. Is a secret. It's still new. So it needs to stay under its bandage for a few days. I have a different one though it's a few months old."

Julie turned around so her back was facing everyone and she reached over her shoulder and started pulling up the back of her shirt. On a good portion of her back there was a pair of Angel wings engrained in her skin. And towards the base of her neck there was a date that Jack knew all too well. The day her father died.

The kids, Bulkhead and Bee thought it was neat.

She grinned at them and pulled her shirt back into place.

"I like it a lot Julie. It's a good way to remember your dad." Jack smiled at her.

"Thanks JackJack." Julie's grin turned into a sad smile.

"So. What are we doing today?" Raf asked, changing the subject.

"I don't know yet." Miko shrugged.

"How bout a video game. I'll pick this time." Julie suggested. "I bought a new one" she smirked, "it should have been remotely downloaded onto the play station here."

"Okay." Miko grinned. The kids raced up the stairs and Julie grabbed all four game station controllers. Handing them out to the kids.

"The sly cooper collection?" Miko questioned.

"What? You honestly didn't think I was all horror games did you? I do some pretty fun games too." Julie smirked as she went to the multi player mode where they faced off against each other. Julie always picked inspector Carmelita Fox as her avatar.

After a few hours Julie left Miko and Jack to take turns playing the story mode while Bulk and Bee watched.

Raf went to talk with Ratchet, and Julie went to talk to Optimus.

"I see you acted on what you told me you might do."

"Yeah. Thank you for giving me permission to get this tattoo... You're like another father to me. It feels good to have someone to look up to like that again."

"And I am honored that you see me as your father figure." They smiled at each other a little. Soon after they started talking about music and what artists Optimus preferred over others.

-the next day-

"Come oooooonnnnn!! Please! It's gotta be time for that thing to come off!" Miko protested

"You can wait a few more minutes until everyone is here. No sneak peaks for you."

"Awwwwww!" Miko pouted.

In all honesty she didn't need to wear the bandage that day but she did it just to cover the tattoo up so no one would get to see it too early. Though it was perfect in all respects. Nothing on it was out of place. The tattoo artist did a lovely job.

As soon as everyone had gathered around

"We're ready Julie. Let's see it." Jack smiled.

"Alright then. Jack Remember Axel?"

"Yeah he graduated out last year. He works in his dad's auto shop." Jack nodded

"He does tattoos on the side and did my wings and this one. Just so you all know. I talked to Optimus before I did this and he gave me the go ahead to have this done." She said as she peeled off the bandage.

Underneath was a bright red autobot insignia she showed it off proudly as she grinned.

The bots gaped a bit and Optimus smiled

"Well? What do you think?" She asked

"That's Awesome girl!" Miko shouted.

"Yeah. It's pretty awesome." Jack said, looking at it. "Axel did great."

"I'm really proud of it."

She started to get compliments from the bots and she beamed proudly. Though ratchet did decide to ask Optimus why.

Optimus gave him an answer and it seemed to placate the medic for the time being.

After the excitement went down it became a normal day.