S. 2 EP. 4 Returning Wrecker

Several weeks later Wheeljack had returned to Earth, determined to take out Dreadwing for killing Seaspray. He blew up a gas station by accident and when going after Dreadwing again got Bulkhead into some trouble with the blue and gold seeker. Optimus ended up helping him drag Bulkhead out of the scrap. Now Wheeljack was contemplating leaving once again.

"Listen, commander, I just want to say it was an honor watching you work. She I, uh, think maybe I had the wrong idea about you." He rubbed the back of his helm.

"And it would seem that you place a greater value on community than you otherwise let on." Optimus offered Wheeljack his servo.

"Whoa, let's not jump the gun here." Wheeljack brought up his hands.

"Come on, Jackie. If you leave, you'll probably just wind up coming right back again." Bulkhead stated

"All that wasted fuel, and Energon is in short supply." Arcee smiled trying to help convince him to stay.

Bumble Bee threw his two cents in with his whirs and beeps.

"Then again, we do have limited space." Ratchet grumbled

"Not sure if I'm ready to give up my freedom just yet. Maybe I could do some exploring, see if this rock suits me." Wheeljack told them.

Bulkhead smirked. "No offense to the jackhammer, but you need an earth-based vehicle mode."

After a while and getting set up he noticed only three of the kids were at the base.

"Hey Bulk... where's your other buddy? Figured she'd have come over to say hello by now." Wheeljack said as he looked around. He stuck around this long so he'd get to see her again.

"Yeeeahhhh about that..." Bulkhead rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

Elsewhere Julie was darting through Cobra held territory with the little ball of light constantly darting ahead and coming back to her, letting her know about obstacles ahead of her.

"God damn it, Jiminy cricket" Julie huffed "you're going to get us caught."

Why do you call me that? Cliffjumper asked.

"Because you act like my conscience, you're there when I need you and you don't stop talking." Julie replied "and even though I hate your friends I'm not a monster. I'm not going to run around screaming at you with your real name when it'd just hurt them. I refuse to use other's grief against them."

See? You still care about them. Cliffjumper pointed at her.

"You can fuck off with that cricket boy. I just wouldn't want someone to use my grief against me and daddy raised me better than that."

Keep telling yourself that. The red mech snorted.

"Do you mind? We're in enemy territory and I'm supposed to be scouting." Julie huffed quietly "I'd prefer to not get shot again so I don't have time to argue with a chatty ghost."

Fair enough. I'll push on ahead again then. Cliffjumper shrugged

Back at the Autobot base.

"I can't believe this." Wheeljack grabbed his helm

"We've been trying to save her, Jackie." Bulkhead protested

"Primus damn it. She's just a fraggin kid." Wheeljack said as he tried to process everything he learned. "I need some air."

"Jackie be careful out there. She's not exactly friendly right now." Bulkhead warned Wheeljack as the smaller mech walked away.

Wheeljack took the Jackhammer and left the base. He was flying for several hours when his equipment picked up an odd energon signal.