S. 2 EP. 25 I Hate Bugs

Somewhat later The Autobots bridged outside of the mine. Julie jumped as purple and blue lightning flashed overhead.

"Quite the thunderstorm." She muttered.

"Proceed with extreme caution." Optimus ordered as they started their descent into the blackness.

They came upon a cliff inside the cavern looking down into a pit.

"Finish her!" Arachnid screeched.

The battle going on below was vicious. Julie looked down with wide eyes. Spitfire was in the deep hole squared up against six insecticons.

"Square up! Let's go!" Spitfire screamed, she was bleeding and looked rough around the edges. She hefted her hammer up into a more ready position. "I'll scrap you all!"

Wheeljack pulled Julie away from the edge a bit.

"Whoa. That's Spitfire." Bulkhead seemed surprised.

"It would seem that she may have stumbled upon Airachnid in her search for energon." Optimus stated.

"We gotta help her." Bulkhead insisted.

"Agreed." Optimus nodded

"Well, you can help with those bugs. Airachnid's mine." Arcee raced off slamming into the distracted spider.

"Arcee! No!" Optimus called out to her.

Arcee and Airachnid quickly disappeared down a tiny hole.

Bulkhead jumped down to help Spitfire, Bumblebee quickly following him.

"Fuck." Julie hissed. "No coordination here."

"Yeah." Wheeljack agreed as they followed Optimus down into the hole after Bulkhead and Bumblebee.

They were now surrounded.

Julie glanced around a visor instinctually sliding down over her eyes quickly with a sharp click

The tension was palpable, everyone was prepared to go off at the drop of a hat.

"What are you doing?" Spitfire demanded.

"Helping you." Bulkhead stated.

"I didn't ask for it." Spitfire snapped. "Primus damn it."

"Why not?" Bulkhead asked.

"Because you idiots just mucked up my security net!" Spitfire swung her hammer and with a deafening bang further compounded by an explosion when she pulled a trigger on the handle of the weapon an insecticon head went flying from its body and the hulking creature crumpled.

Julianna zipped forward zig-zagging about and dispatching her opponents quickly while the mechs fired their blasters at all the other targets.

Once the last one fell Julie skidded to a stop in front of Optimus.

"That was intense." Bulkhead stated.

Wheeljack nodded. "You bet that was... How did you zip around like that Julie?"

"Wheels." She replied, rolling one the wheels that made up her heels. The visor over her eyes retracted and she grinned

"Are you okay?" Bulkhead asked Spitfire.

"I don't need you to save me. That spider was my target and your friend chased her off. I would have been fine." Spitfire snapped.

"What is your problem Spitfire?" Bulkhead bristled.

"She's pretty but not worth dying over." Spitfire snapped at him.

Bulkhead was confused before realization dawned on him. "You're Breakdown's temple maiden."

"Spitfire." Optimus interjected, "Do you require medical aid?"

"No. Thank you. I have a spider to hunt." Spitfire climbed up out of the pit they were in and left.

Optimus sighed and watched her leave then put two fingers to his audial "Arcee, what is your status?"

::In need of assist, but alive. And so is Airachnid.::

The bots followed Optimus and began running to her location.

"At least we took care of the other bug problem." Bulkhead stated.

"Yeah. We don't need more giant bugs around here." Wheeljack agreed.

"Why was Spitfire so aggressive with you, Bulk?" Julie asked

"It's... ancient history. A lot of it has to do with Breakdown." Bulkhead shook his head.

"Sounded pretty personal to her. Did you know her?" She continued to prod the green wrecker.

"Not her personally. I used to see her from a distance. Breakdown used to be a close friend, kinda like a brother, long before the war. I told him not to get involved with a femme in a higher caste because it was kinda lethal. He obviously ignored me if she knew I said that... He started skipping work to go to those protests. Said he was fighting for change. Things went downhill from there." Bulkhead explained.

"Huh..." Julie went quiet.

The group went to retrieve Arcee and went back to base.