S. 1 EP. 9 M.E.C.H.

Several weeks after Wheeljack's departure the Autobots were called by Agent Fowler. He was raving about Decepticons shooting him down and some nuclear device called a DNGS (which sounded like Dingus). The bots set out to transport the device while Ratchet was left in base with the kids.

They soon found out it wasn't Decepticons but a human organization called M.E.C.H. That were after the DNGS. The bots had thrown them off the scent for a while but soon Silas had discovered that it was onboard a moving train and had gone after it.

-present time-

"Optimus is down!" Miko cried

"And Mech's gonna grab the DNGS. We need to think of something, quick." Jack said, wracking his brain.

"You mean like a phase 3?" Raf said on the verge of panicking.

Julie ran to grab a steampunk gas mask and a set of goggles from her backpack.

"Okay. Come on, think." Jack started pacing a little. "All right, if mech wants the DNGS, they have to get on that train."

"What if we get on board first? You know, run some human-on-human interference?" Miko said mock jabbing at the air.

"That might work with me there." Julie nodded.

"Absolutely not!" Ratchet snapped

"Yeah, that would be suicide." Jack agreed.

"Hello, the United States of meltdown! Lives are at stake!" Miko stated aloud.

"Yes! Yours!" Ratchet said, sounding genuinely worried for them. "You want me to not only bridge you into a confined space, but one traveling at 90 miles per hour? I can't even count the number of ways that can go wrong. Mass-displacement trauma, twisted limbs, metal burn... Well, maybe not the last one. Regardless, it is nearly impossible to fix ground-bridge coordinates on something moving at that speed."

"Would it help if we had access to the train's coordinates?" Raf offered.

"Well..."

Moments later Jack, Miko, and Julie bridged onto the moving train. Julie had her face mask gear on and she had her katanas drawn as soon as she was standing.

"We're in." Jack said through his phone. Julie was wearing an earpiece and her phone was in her pocket.

"We're all unscathed." Julie reported.

"I read you, Jack. Julie. The cellphone-comlink patch works."

They opened the side door and looked out. Julie heard a scraping noise on the ceiling.

"Raf, mech's landing on top of the train." Jack reported.

"In about 20 seconds, you're gonna come to a fork. Brace yourself."

Raf typed a bit and the train jerked, sending the helicopter off in a different direction.

A few seconds later Mech was back on top of their train car.

"Huh? So, what'd that buy us?" Jack asked

"A few seconds" Julie answered

"Raf is losing his touch." Miko blinked.

They started to cut open the ceiling and the panel clattered to the floor. Julie stood between Mech and the other two with her.

"You want a slice of this? Well, do ya?!" Miko shouted, brandishing an axe.

"What she said." Jack hoisted up a fire extinguisher.

Julie brandished the blades In front of her in a way that the mech agents assumed she knew exactly what she was doing with them

Outside the train Optimus Prime was gaining ground on the train and Silas saw it.

"Sir!"

"Retreat."

The mech agents disappeared from view and went back to their chopper.

"Whoa. You're pretty fierce." Miko smirked.

Julie sighed. "And I was looking forward to cracking some skulls for once. Oh well." She shrugged.

"First rule of combat." Silas hoisted a rocket launcher up and leaned out the window. Never leave the enemy with the spoils." He fired a rocket at the tracks destroying them up ahead.

"Whoa! Ratchet, mech blew the train tracks. You need to bridge us out of here- The soldiers, too." Jack said leaning out the door.

Julie sheathed her blades and leaned out to look as well.

"We've lost access to the train data! I can't bridge you back without your coordinates!"

"Optimus, Jack, Julie and Miko are on that train, and mech has blown the tracks." Ratchet told Optimus.

"I'm on my way." He sped up. "Maximum overdrive!"

"Maybe we should jump." Miko said, glancing out the door.

"At 90 miles an hour?!" Jack looked at her like she was insane.

"It's the impact or the meltdown. Take your pick." She replied.

Jack sighed "What were we thinking, volunteering for this?"

"Next time, you need to do a better job of talking us out of these situations." Miko stated

"Next time" Jack scoffed

"Yes. Next time." Julie said while looking out of the doorway.

"We can buy ourselves another few seconds if we're in the back of the train, right?" Miko asked, her voice trembling a bit.

"Miko, At least we're in this together." Jack said.

Miko snatched his phone up. "Raf, this is important! Make sure Bulkhead gets my guitar."

"Guys. Look." Julie pointed Optimus out.

"Don't read the will just yet." Jack smiled.

Optimus sped to the front of the train and transformed grabbing it and digging his heels into the ground. Julie grabbed Miko around the waist and braced herself against a wall. The train shook and shuddered as it was forced to stop. Julie could hear Optimus groaning and straining against the force of the train. The train stopped and Optimus let go of it standing up straight. He looked at the children then the helicopter before the helicopter flew away.

"Optimus, are you and the children... Intact?" Ratchet asked

"Intact, Ratchet. Crisis averted. But the world in which we live is a different one than previously imagined... One which has spawned its own Decepticons In human skin." Optimus said, continuing to stare after the copter.