Chapter 2

'It.. It k-kicked the wall?'

A gush of powerful wind knocked down the rest of the people in the area that were lucky enough to not get hit by the boulders. You look up to see Eren and Mikasa run towards the wall, leaving Armin behind.

'What are they thinking, they need to go the other way!'

You hoist yourself up again, the flower still in the grasp of your hand. You looked down at it and was hit by a sudden realization.

'Wait! Mom and dad! Where are they? Are they still in the house?'

Your heart started beating harder and faster, and it felt like it was going to jump out of your chest.

'I need to find them!'

Your legs reacted before you could even collect your thoughts and they lead you towards your home. You ran inside and screamed out for them but got no response.

'Looks like they aren't here...'

You exhaled, relieved that they were not so close to the wall when it was breached, however, the relief quickly turned into anxiousness as you realized; If they were not here then they must be outside, and that makes them so much harder to find.

"TITANS ARE WALKING IN THROUGH THE HOLE!", you heard a man scream from outside your home. "EVERYBODY, GET AWAY FROM THE WALLS!".

You took a quick breath as you ran towards the door, leaving your home behind. You followed the crowds of screaming families. Children like yourself separated from their loved ones, as well as adults in hysteria, desperately trying to help their families get to safety.

In a moment of pure curiosity, you dared look behind you, and that's when I saw them. You got a proper good look at the terrifyingly, ugly faces of the titans- humanity's enemy. Some of them already had their mouths full of screaming people. Your heart sank at the sight and you felt like throwing up.

~

On your way over a little bridge, you crashed into a man, walking peacefully but firmly in the opposite direction of everyone else. He grabbed your shoulders, violently shaking them as he continued preaching the ways of the "holy walls".

'Really, this had to happen right now?'

You struggled in his grasp, trying to shake him off as he continued screaming prayers in your face, spit leaving his mouth like a fountain. That is when a huge shadow surrounded the both of you. You looked over to your right, your gaze connecting with two eyes the size of a football.

Your body tensed up, small stuttering sounds coming out of your mouth. You couldn't even scream. The man holding you lost his grasp of your shoulders when the titan picked him up. The titan bit the upper half of his body clean off, his screams and prayers coming to an abrupt halt. The man's blood splattered everywhere, covering your previously light blue dress in a coat of red, as well as the ends of your hair.

You wasted no time and started running while the titan was still occupied with what was left of the man. The constant sound of people screaming and dying around you made your ears ring. You were exhausted, but had to keep on pushing forwards, towards the entrance to Wall Maria.

'Mom, dad... Please be on the other side already'.

As you finally reached the entrance and the other side of Wall Maria, you stopped to catch your breath. Your lungs were burning, and you struggled to breathe. You crouched down, noticing that you still had the flower in your hand.