Chapter 65

You had never imagined you'd be locked in a cell without being able to leave as you pleased. Being stuck for days already didn't help on the atmosphere in the room, as everyone grew more tense by the day.

"Never imagined the next time I would visit my hometown would be in the cellars of Shiganshina's HQ...", you muttered quietly as you sat on Marco's lap by the table. Absentmindedly you played with the fingers of his right hand, staring down at the ground with your brows furrowed. You peeked over at Sasha's family who'd been so unlucky to get wrapped up in this crap. They should not have to be here.

"I know... I just want to know what's going on", Marco said quietly.

"Yeah, is this really all we can do? Sit here while it all plays out?", Connie muttered in agreeance, having heard you and Marco's conversation. Your head yanked up in surprise as a figure placed themselves in front of you.

"Care for some tea?", Arthur asked, his face and tone as kind and caring as ever. It was enough to soften your worried and surprised expression.

"Thank you", you smiled appreciatively as he handed you and Marco each your cup. Arthur continued his route, offering the rest some.

"Armin, could you bust out of here as a titan?", Connie then asked after sipping his tea.

"No, I'd just destroy the city. Not to mention that you guys would be caught in the crossfire. Unlike Eren's titan, the Colossal Titan can't do something that precise"

There was a long pause, until Jean asked Armin the question that was on most of your minds ever since you left the restaurant and the two of them arrived after you.

"So? Why did Eren beat you to a pulp? It's about time you tell us". It looked like Armin debated whether or not to tell the whole truth, but he answered regardless.

"He... He said hurtful things to Mikasa". His voice was dark... solemn. "I swung at him, and he hit back". You perked up at him, surprised.

'Eren hurt Mikasa? And then he hit Armin?'

"Huh?"

"He hurt Mikasa? How?", Jean insisted to know. Despite fighting the feeling of anger inside of him, his voice was controlled.

"Well—"

"Stop. It's fine". Mikasa showed no emotion; not in her face, nor her voice. She was just stern through and through.

"No, it's not. What exactly did he say?"

"Forget it Jean. We already know he's a total piece of shit", Connie said slightly resentful. "Now he's lost his mind and hurt the two people he should care about most"

"I think if he was sane, he wouldn't do it without a good reason. Do you think there's some sort of good reason behind it?", Marco said, before adding; "I still think we should try and talk to him". You were about to agree when you heard footsteps approaching.

"Long time no see, heroes of Shiganshina. It pains me to reunite in a place like this", Yelena said with her hand on her chest. You got up from Marco's lap and took a step towards them. Accompanying her was Onyankopon and the Marleyan who worked with Nicolo at the restaurant... The one who ratted you out.

"Onyankopon! Where is Hange?! How is she doing?!", Moblit quickly stumbled over to the bars, grabbing onto them in a stern manner. Onyankopon let out nervous stutters, before shying his gaze away from Moblit's.

Poor Moblit had been stressed out of his mind when Floch ordered her to show them Zeke's location without taking him with them. Apparently they kept Moblit separated from her in case something happened, and they needed a backup who knew where Zeke was. This of course stressed him out even more, knowing that to Floch at least; Hange was disposable if worst came to worst.