Chapter 15

Back in current time, year 850

'Damn, I guess death really couldn't hold him back...'

You wandered back and forth, deep in thought after all you had just witnessed. Eren is a titan? That's something you never saw coming, and by the looks of it, something he didn't see coming either.

"And then, we managed to get some gas, and retreat from Trost", Connie's voice grabbed your attention.

You had retreated to the other side of wall Rose, standing by in the city closest to it. Eren, Mikasa and Armin was taken away by some garrison soldiers, as they all sat on top of Eren's titan when the soldiers arrived. The rest of you were sent back to the other trainees, but under strict order to not speak of the events you just witnessed.

"So that's what happened...", Crista said after Connie updated them on everything. "I'm sorry", she said sincerely. "I requested supplies for everyone many times, but-"

"We barely even managed to get some gas as well, we had to grab our opportunity and leave while we could", Ymir shot in, not letting her finish.

"Does that mean that everyone who isn't her is...", Crista suddenly realized, expecting the worst.

"Yeah...", Connie answered her.

"Even Mikasa?", Ymir asked dumbfounded. It was the first time you had ever seen her look slightly surprised, or even a little bit... worried?

"N-no...", you heard Connie say. "I thought Mikasa came back later with Y/N and the rest".

'No no no, please don't ask me, I don't know what to tell you guys!'

"Hey Y/N, don't tell me Mikasa was injured", Ymir said, and they all turned towards you.

You desperately looked over at Jean and the rest who witnessed it, but they all just looked down at the ground, not wanting to attract unnecessary attention.

'Jean, you bitch, I'll get you back for this one'

"Hey, what's wrong?", Connie asked you. Seemed like you took to long, and you noticed your eyebrows were furrowed. It must have looked like you had something to hide.

'Well shit, how do I play it off now? I guess I should just keep it as real as I can without telling too much'

"We've been ordered to keep it a secret. I can't discuss it", you simply said, keeping your eyes away from Connie's. He has this talent of getting you to tell him anything if you looked him in the eyes. They were very intrusive.

"Keep it a secret?", he asked as if he didn't hear what you said correctly.

"Of course it won't stay a secret for long, it has to come out eventually, but for now its very hush-hush", you said, still looking away. You could feel his gaze trying to drag the truth out of you. You shifted your stance nervously.

"I'll go find Marco", you quickly said and ran off before you accidentally blurted it out. You didn't want to be killed for treason or something like that. In a world full of titans it seemed like such a waste to be killed by another human of all things. You humans shouldn't be hostile towards each other when there were such bigger threats out there.

You spotted Marco trying to calm Daz down, who was freaking out for the tenth time today. This time seemed to be even worse though, Marco struggling to keep him in check. He finally quieted down, and sulked with his back leaned against the wall.

"Hey Marco!", you called out for him, and the sound of your voice made him turn around immediately. His worn out expression seemed to get a new burst of energy. He opened his arms as you closed in, and you happily wrapped yours around him.