Chapter 33

It was Hange who grabbed you and you could hear the roar of Eren's titan in the background.

'He must have transformed'

"Y/N, I trust that you can put your feelings aside for now and don't do anything reckless. You are unarmed and have no gear. Please use that brilliant brain I know you have and think before you act", she asked of you quietly but restrained in your ear as she finally reached the rest of the group.

'She's right... What was I thinking. Mark my words Reiner, once I get a hold of some gear you're done for'

You simply got up properly on your own two feet, nodding at Hange as to say you got the message. Her focus was now back at the Colossal Titan stuck to the top of the wall, his hot steam almost creating a barrier between you. Bertholdt lifted his arm in the same manner he did during the attack on Trost, when he annihilated the cannons.

"Everyone! Jump away from the wall!", Hange ordered as she figured out his intentions. She grabbed you, other soldiers doing the same with Connie and Crista, quickly flying out of the way as his entire arm smacked hard against the stone.

"It has Ymir!», you heard Historia scream in Nifa's grasp, and you turned your head to look. As you all watched him, he placed both Ymir and another unknown soldier in his mouth. You gaped at the sight.

"Bertholdt...», Armin whispered in disbelief as you all hung by the side of the wall, you had moved to sit on Hange's back so she wouldn't have to use up the strength in her arms by holding you.

"He wouldn't actually eat someone, would he?", you joined in on his disbelief. It was quiet for a moment as you could literally hear Hange's brain working hard to figure out what to do next.

"All soldiers, prepare to attack!", she then ordered, much to the surprise of the rest. However their surprised faces quickly turned determined. "It's a threat to humanity and must be eliminated!", she yelled and moved up the wall with such speed and force you almost fell off. "Y/N, jump off now!", she ordered, and you trusted her enough to blindly let go as you felt disoriented by the way you moved upwards the wall. You landed harshly but safely on the top of the wall, noticing Crista and Connie close by you. Looking back up you saw every soldier charging right at his neck  while he charged a close-fisted hit straight at them. You clenched your hands in anticipation, watching as they all skilfully dodged his hit, using his arm to travel faster towards his nape, never even close to touching his burning hot skin.

'I will never stop being amazed by these people's pure talent and reaction skills, oh my god'

As they all managed to get behind him at a perfect range he pulled out the dirtiest trick in his book; the steam.

Burning hot steam violently gushed out from his skin, or lack of, hitting the soldiers hard. This was even more powerful than that time in Trost where you and Eren got caught in it, giving you that burn mark on you neck that had come to stay apparently.

You saw the scouts emerge from the thick steam one after the other, painful expressions on their faces as they nearly collapsed to the ground in front of you. Some seemed completely fine, while others were twisting in pain after getting their skin burnt terribly.

"Water! Bring water!", one of the scouts ordered, and you looked around to see if you could spot any water sources. You got your eyes on a bag filled with rations, mostly canteens of water left, which was perfect. You ran over and got a hold of the bag, bringing it over to the injured.

"Connie, Cris- Historia!", you cursed yourself for messing up the name. "Help me", you ordered, motioning for them to grab a canteen and start pouring it on their burnt skin. The soldier grimaced in pain as the water hit his red, sizzling skin and you furrowed your brows in sympathy.