Chapter 56

Year 851

It wasn't until a couple of months after you first reached the ocean the first boat came ashore. Detaining the foreign soldiers wasn't a difficult job considering you had two titans on your side. You were now hiding amongst the rocks, using the detained soldiers as bait to lure in another one of the enemy ships lurking about the coast of Paradis Island.

"I see one!", Marco quietly exclaimed once he noticed a vast ship appear from the darkness of the night.

"Eren's probably gonna appear anytime n-", your sentence was cut off as the ground started to shake. Ascending from the water directly underneath the boat was Eren's titan, lifting the ship up towards the sky.

"I-It's a devil!", you heard someone on the ship scream out in horror. Eren started walking towards the shore with heavy steps, dropping the ship atop the sandy beach with a harsh thud.

"Hello friends from Marley! Welcome to Paradis Island!", Hange exclaimed, her voice as excited and theatrical as her movements running to the edge of a rock. "I'm Hange, here to greet our guests who've come so far across the sea! Now step this way and join us for some tea!", she motioned to her right with both hands, a big smile plastered on her face. Levi had quietly made his way to stand beside her, pushing a terrified Nicolo in front of him. "By the way, we're already friends with this guest that arrived before you! Isn't that right, Nicolo?", she continued blabbering on, wrapping her arms around him.

From where you stood a little distance behind them, you noticed Levi placing the tip of his blade against Nicolo's back.

"Captain! Forget about me and shoot these devils!", Nicolo screamed strained after a short moment of deliberation with himself.

"—What are you saying, Nicolo?!", Hange said, her expression and tone becoming more desperate, however still overly friendly. Her face was probably going to hurt tomorrow the way she smiled so widely.

"Captain!"

"He's tired of your shitty skit", Levi muttered.

"Nicolo! Understand this, you devils! Marley doesn't mingle with filthy blood!", the man you assumed was the captain yelled, pointing his rifle right at Hange. "Go drink your pig piss with your filthy friends!". Your brows furrowed at this. Their perception of you was utterly pathetic. 

"Aww! Hey! You sure you wanna be rude to us?!", Hange yelled back. "Can't you see the titan behind you?!". The marleyan soldiers turned abruptly, gasping as their eyes meet the sight of Eren towering above them, only a singular glowing, green eye peering back at them as his long hair covered the other. If it weren't for it being a familiar sight to you, you would have found him terrifying too.

"We'll never yield to your devils! Say hello to this!", the captain had turned back around, his rifle aimed back at Hange. Your eyes widened as you took a few hurried steps forward, though there was no way you could have ever reached her in time before the bulled did. You shut your eyes as the familiar ring of a shot being fired filled the air. But as you opened them again, expecting to see someone dear to you laying lifeless on the rocks, you saw the captain hanging limp on top of the railing of the boat. You blinked a few times in confusion, peeking over at the rest of your friends who were also staring at the man in shock.

No, the most shocking part wasn't the dead man, it was the one who pulled the trigger. Carefully, your eyes wandered, stopping once they spotted a blonde haired soldier still pointing their gun at the captain. Another soldier close by her quickly reached for his pistol.

"Hands up Yelena!", he ordered, but she smoothly directed her aim at him.

"Drop your weapons", she simply said in a calm manner, the majority of the soldiers suddenly taking to their own guns, pointing them at unsuspecting officers and soldiers.