Chapter 35

*(Light Fluff/Borderline 'Spice' towards the end of the chapter)*

You didn't hesitate for a second, everyone jumping down from Reiner's titan simultaneously. Luckily, your horses had followed the crowd, making you all able to safely land on top of them, riding a little distance away from the impact that was about to happen as the titan hoard reached Reiner. You all watched as Ymir defended Historia, her still clinging to her back, as well as Reiner keeping his hand protectively against his chest with Berthold and Eren still inside.

"What is going on... Is this hell?", you heard Jean ask himself quietly.

"No, but it's about to be!", Erwin replied to him as he started riding forwards. "All soldiers, charge!", Erwin ordered, reaching out his right arm with his blade in his hand. You all looked at him dumbfounded as he rode straight towards the threat, some even whispering that charging right at a hurdle of titans like that was suicide. "The fate of humanity will be determined in this very moment!". He stopped as he raised his arm up to the sky this time, his back turned to you. "There is no future where humanity can inhabit these lands without Eren! We recover Eren and immediately retreat!", he yelled and turned his head to face you all. "Give your hearts!", was the last thing he ordered as he pointed his blade forwards and started moving. Mikasa didn't waste a second, you riding straight after her, hearing the rest following you too.

In the distance you could see Reiner finally removing his hands, trying to rid himself of the titans tearing at his flesh.

"It worked! His hand's are gone!", you exclaimed eagerly.

"Now's our chance!", Mikasa said, picking up her pace a little.

"Hey, Mikasa! Can't you see all those titans?! How do you plan on getting through that mess?", Jean asked her frantic. You squinted your eyes in a focused manner, bracing yourself for combat as Erwin once again raised his arm and ordered for you to advance. With a loud booming noise, his horse was suddenly without its rider, red splotches all over its white hairs.

"Commander Erwin!", a scout screamed after him as you all turned your heads in horror to see his arm stuck in a seven metre class titan's mouth. It was one of the crawling kinds, the ones you hated the most.

"Advance! Eren is just up ahead! Advance!" he ordered, completely ignoring his current situation. It took you a second before you composed yourself, tugging the reins and doing what your commander ordered you to. The same went for the rest of your comrades, only one soldier staying behind to help Erwin.

Once reaching the hoard, soldiers were immediately grabbed straight from the horsebacks, the trampling and stomping of the titans feet enough to send some flying off, ending up eaten of squashed to death. You tried to pay it no mind as you closed in on Reiner's titan figure with fire in your eyes, forcing yourself to ignore the opportunity to kill him right here and now and focus on retrieving Eren and get the hell out of here. You were tired and didn't want for anyone else to die.

Mikasa swiftly maneuvered her way around Reiner, charging right at Bertholdt. He dodged her hit last minute, a titan able to grab her the second she tumbled a bit too far off of Reiner. She screamed in agony as it squeezed her hard and you could swear you heard bones cracking.

"Mikasa!", Jean exclaimed as the two of you set off towards her in a hurry. "You piece of shit! Let her go!", he screamed at it, cutting its eyes. It was enough to make it let go, Jean catching Mikasa mid-air as you took the opportunity to cut the titans nape. Turning to face Bertholdt you noticed you were at a perfect angle to launch an attack. Reiner had just put his hand in front of them to stop someone else from attacking, and you were by Reiner's right side, no hinders in sight. You clenched your hands around your blades, ignoring the shooting pain in you arm as you prepared to act. Armin suddenly appearing stopped you dead in your tracks and you landed softly on Reiner's shoulder, hiding in the croock of his neck as gently as you could so he wouldn't feel it and the others wouldn't notice you. It took a while before Armin finally spoke.