Chapter 57

Year 852

A whole year had passed since you started working together with the volunteers. Yelena and her closest accomplices had been away to meet with a possible ally to Paradis. The Port was now fully complete, and you once again met up with them.

"Eren, I haven't seen you since you lifted our ship a whole year ago. I'm honoured to work with you", Yelena said with an outstretched arm.

"No, you won't be working together. You're lucky enough to see his face", Levi said while placing himself in front of Eren, halfway shielding him. Yelena smiled slightly.

"Plenty enough for me. Today will be a joyous day", she said while walking towards the edge of the port, facing the ocean. "The port is complete and we're welcoming our first outside visitor. From Paradis Island's sole friendly nation; Hizuru—Special Envoy, Kiyomi Azumabito". You watched as a huge ship accompanied by a smaller one, closed in on the harbour.

This was exciting; your first ever guests from an unknown nation to ever use the newly built port. You were curious as to how this visit would go and what it could mean for the future of Paradis. Having allies is important after all when the entire world is against you.

After Kiyomi Azumabito stepped onto the stone dock, you all escorted her to Trost HQ. She asked to talk to Mikasa specifically, ending with Eren, Hange, Historia and Levi, in addition to some extra guards, joining her in the room. The rest of you were not allowed inside for the time being.

"I wonder what is so secret they can't even trust us to hear it...", you said plopping down on your bed with a huff.

"I'm sure they would have us there if it were super important. Probably not something that concerns our island directly", Sasha said from where she sat in front of the vanity, combing her hair. You sighed.

"You're probably right... I'm just curious. I like to be kept up with things, it stresses me out not knowing something someone else does", you admitted. It was only natural considering your previous friends lied to your face and turned out to be humanity's enemies. Since then you've felt nervous whenever you were kept in the dark.

"Yeah, I get that. But at least we get a few moments to ourselves where we don't have any duties", she said optimistic, putting her hair up in her usual high ponytail.

"I guess so... Have you ever considered changing up your hairstyle?", you asked curious. Sasha looked at you through the mirror.

"Hmm, no not really. This just feels the most practical... You never change yours either so you're not really one to talk", she teased, ending it with sticking out her tongue for a quick second. You rolled your eyes and smiled.

"Touché". Sasha's eyes suddenly dilated, and her mouth stretched out into a wide grin.

"Can I style yours like mine?", she asked excited, turning around fully to face you. "It would be so fun, we could be like twins!", she continued reasoning, quickly making her way to your bed and pulling you up by your arms.

"Okay, okay", you laughed as she dragged you over to the vanity and forced you down on the chair. She started brushing out your hair, eventually starting to form the ponytail.

"One day I'll do this to Mikasa too", she said determined.

"I've never seen her do anything else to her hair other than that short cut. Even back in Shiganshina whenever I would see her and Eren in the streets, her hair would always be down...", you thought out loud as Sasha tugged on your hair. "Ow"

"Oops, sorry", she apologised sheepishly. "Not really used to doing it on other people... But you know what they say; beauty is pain". You laughed at the cliché quote, admiring the reflection once Sasha fastened the hair tie.