Chapter 11

"Sasha, wait!", Connie then screamed again. You watched as Sasha unhooked her wire from the wall and ran down alongside it towards Samuel.

'Please be careful'

As she closed in on him she fastened herself to the wall and sent out her hook. It impaled Samuel's foot, preventing him from falling down any further. Samuel seemed to regain a bit of consciousness.

"Samuel! Don't move!", Sasha yelled at him before he could further harm himself by moving.

"That was close...", Eren sighed stressed. That's when you all saw it. The gush of hot wind that sent you all flying over the edge didn't come from the titan itself. It came from the force of its kick. There was now a gaping hole where the gate once was.

"It kicked the wall again?", you said weakly, almost like you didn't believe it. The titans will come inside the walls again! The events of the Shiganshina attack were about to repeat itself, how could this happen? What is the purpose of this? Images from earlier this very same day, smiling children walking alongside their parents and friends, started playing in your mind. God forbid they'll witness the same horrifying sights as you did.

You moved your gaze over to the houses closest to the hole. Giant debris had already smashed huge holes in them.

'I hope no one was inside...'

"Annihilate all of you...", you heard Eren say to himself.

"Eren! Please don't do anything irrational, we need a plan!", you pleaded, subconsciously knowing there was a low chance of your words actually getting through to that thick head of his. He had already made up his mind.

"Cannon maintenance team 4! Prepare for combat!", Eren exclaimed and redyed his blades.

"No, Eren!", you tried again but he was already making his way towards it.

"Our target is the Colossal Titan before us! This is our chance!", he screamed.

You guess he was right. This is what you had prepared for. Sure, the main titan you swore to destroy was the Armoured Titan, but the Colossal Titan was the main one to blame as it was the reason the titans got in in the first place. You sighed, frustrated that you were going to do this without a plan, but you couldn't just let it get away.

"Y/N!!", the others screamed as you took to your blades and followed Eren.

Arriving at the top the two of you were once again face to face with that monster.

Eren wasted no time and charged towards it. You examined its movements, trying to calculate the best way to start an attack. That's when you saw it raise its arm.

"Eren! Jump! It is going for the cannons!", you cried out, getting out of the way. Eren did as you said and low and behold, the cannons were destroyed with one swipe of an arm. Now there was really nowhere else to go than behind it, so you hooked yourself to its back and used your momentum to get behind with a considerable amount of distance.

"It must be intelligent of some sort! How else would it think to take out the cannons?", you screamed over to Eren, the sound of the cannons being destroyed made it difficult to hear anything else.

"It went straight for the gate as well, the weakest part of the wall! This can't be a coincidence!", he screamed back at you as you struggled against the wind coming from the resent destruction. The colossal titan suddenly reached out for Eren. You watched in panic as Eren swung himself up to the top of his arm, running towards its nape. There is no way it could be that easy. You remembered the steam it could projectile out from itself. If it really is intelligent it won't go down without a fight. Eren was closing in.