Chapter 27

(A little fluff at the end of the chapter<3)

It took a couple of days before things went somewhat back to normal around HQ. Many people lost someone dear on the expedition and spent the first days back mourning and taking care of their belongings. Moral was still a bit low in mess hall as you sat and ate breakfast with your friends.

You were stirring your porridge with your spoon, not really eating it.

"If you're not gonna eat that, I can take it...", Sasha shoot her shot, following the motion of your spoon with her eyes. You let go of the spoon, starting to push the bowl over to her when Marco placed his hand in the way, preventing the bowl from inching any closer to Sasha.

"Hey!", Sasha exclaimed, looking at him.

"Y/N, you need the energy. You won't get to eat anything else before lunch in seven hours", Marco protested. You sighed.

'He's right though'

"Yeah, I guess... I'm just not really feeling the porridge today you know...", you excused yourself, dragging the bowl back to you.

"I know what you mean, this porridge is getting real old, real fast... In boot camp we at least had a few variations of dishes", Ymir agreed, letting go of her spoon, making it clink as it hit the bowl.

"Y/N, Eren", Levi's voice spoke from your right and you turned your head to face him. "We'll be having a meeting with Erwin during tea tonight. I have some paperwork to tend to so you're both excused from training today, although some self-training couldn't hurt, but that's up to you guys... Don't be late", he informed you, looking back and forth between the two of you.

"Yes sir!", Eren quickly said, you simply nodded.

"So, what's on the agenda for you guys?", you asked the rest, forcing yourself to eat a couple spoonful's of your food.

"We don't really have much training today, instead it's more of an endless list of chores", Connie whined, leaning his head dramatically on his arm resting on the table.

"Yeah, I got stable duty", Sasha complained.

"Oh, can you make sure you give Jean some extra food?", Connie asked her, and she nodded eagerly. The rest of you looked at him confused.

"Huh?", Jean said, staring at him.

"My horse; Jean", Connie answered like it was obvious. You started to catch on.

"Boy, I know you didn't call your horse Jean", you exclaimed, the bubbling feeling of a laugh starting to erupt from your chest. You gave up on holding it in once you saw the weird smirk Connie does when he's feeling mischievous.

"I sure did, Snorty!", he laughed.

"What?!", Jean said and looked from you back to Connie. Sasha, Eren and Marco had already joined in on your laugh, your sudden snort being the last straw for the rest of your friends who didn't laugh before. Jean was now leaning over to the other side of the table, holding Connie's collar in his hands as he shook him, scolding him for naming his horse after him.

"I should have thought of that!", Eren exclaimed, making Jean scowl at him.

"Shut up Yeager!". Jean let go of Connie, preparing to get up and go around the table to do the same to him. Marco grabbed a hold of Jean, yanking him back down again.

"Marco?!", Jean exclaimed, his tone betrayed. "You are supposed to back me up, man!". Marco chuckled a bit.

"You have my support, almost always anyways, but I think I speak for everyone when I say we have seen quite enough of you and Eren's fight's for one week", he told him calmly.