Chapter 8

It was the day after the terrible training exercise, and you were going to stay at the site for a week to practice manoeuvring your gear through a snowy and icy environment, as well as survival exercises for times you may find yourself lost in surrounding such as your current location. It was ironic since that already happened to Crista, Ymir and Daz on their way here.

Sadies had granted all of the cadet corps the rest of the day off, after wrapping up a training session early in the morning. Seems like the man has a heart after all, letting you have fun and unwind after going through the absolute worst exercise any of you had ever experienced.

"Sooo, what should we do on our special time off?", Sasha asked while stuffing her face with more food. It was lunch time, and this time you had pushed two tables together so that everyone could sit and eat with each other. Normally it was just you, Sasha, Connie, Marco, and Jean. Occasionally Mina and Thomas would join. Now Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, Crista and Ymir had joined you as well.

"I don't know, anyone have any good ideas?", Armin said.

"Well, the sun is shining and the blizzard is over, so if people are up for it, I'd say we should go do something outside in the snow?", Reiner suggested. "It's not often we get the chance to do that".

That's true. It didn't really snow that often here in the walls, even if it was winter.

"Yeah, we can build snowmen or have a snowball fight!", Jean said, banging his hands down on the table in excitement.

"I used to have snowmen-building competitions with my family all the time when it snowed!", you chimed in excited. Your heart sank slightly at the fond memory, but you didn't let it show.

"Ooh, that would be fun! We can split into teams, then vote on whose is the best afterwards!", Connie agreed. The rest nodded in an excited manner.

"How do we decide the teams?", Armin asked.

"Hmm, I guess we just take whoever is closest?", you suggested.

Everyone went quiet for a couple of seconds, eyeing each other. Then, right on cue everyone named their pick all at once and grabbed the ones they wanted to join forces with. You couldn't really hear who people picked as the names morphed together into an inaudible sound. Connie and Sasha both grabbed one of your arms each and started arguing over who should have you on their team. Sasha flicked a little piece of her food, hitting Connie on the forehead. You stared at her in shock. Now you know for a fact she is serious about having you on her team, if she's willing to sacrifice any piece of precious food.

"Guys, relax. We are an odd number so one team has to be three people anyways", you informed them with a laugh.

'I'm on a team with both Sasha and Connie... Lord have mercy on my soul'

~

"I refuse to work with this sad excuse of a horse face!", Eren said, complaining about the distribution of teams for the tenth time.

"Dude, would you just suck it up already and start rolling your ball?", Jean replied frustrated.

The teams consisted of Reiner and Bertholdt, Mikasa and Annie, Armin and Marco, Mina and Thomas, Ymir and Crista, You with Sasha and Connie, and last but not least Jean and Eren. That was not by choice though, everyone else were just too fast to pick, leaving them two without a partner.

You rolled your eyes at their bickering, putting all your attention towards rolling your, now, quite large snowball.

"Sasha, catch!", Connie yelled as he threw a snowball, hitting her right in the face.