Chapter 6

(Edited)

The next day you and your comrades found yourself standing by a forest edge at the crack of dawn. Sasha was leaning her head on your shoulder, snoring loudly.

'Why do we have to start training this early? We can't even see where we are going, and you're telling me we are going to manoeuvre our way through the woods in the dark?- The first time we ever try it?'

You let out a little huff, still trying to fight off the sleep threatening to overtake you.

"Sleepy today Y/N?", a voice called as a figure took a spot beside you on your left.

'Marco'

"Yeah, I barely got any sleep tonight because of this girl over here, snoring all night on the bunk over mine", you ranted, tilting your head to the right, motioning to the sleeping girl leaning on your shoulder. Marco let out a little laugh.

"How can she even sleep like that?", he wondered looking at her. You let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Beat's me", you answered, then gave him a smile. "Just Sasha being Sasha I guess. At this point we have to be prepared for anything when it comes to her", you added with a snicker.

As you looked back at him noticed Marco smiled at you with one of those closed eyes, hand resting on his neck, smiles he does. They are your favourite.

"Alright everybody! Stop with the bickering and get closer!", Sadies yelled, and Sasha shot up from your shoulder. You massaged your shoulder.

'Hmm, I didn't even realise how tired it was getting'

Sadies went over the general usage and handling of the gear.

Suddenly you were standing at the forest edge, all geared up, ready to give it a try. You felt confident enough as you managed to understand how it works after Sadies lecture, however you still felt nervous.

"Now go!", Sadies commanded. You heard the swooshing sound of wires being released all around you and you pulled the triggers on your handle doing the same.

Freedom.

That's the only word you could use to describe sudden sensation as you let yourself fly through the forest trees. A pure and joyous little laugh escaped your mouth as you manoeuvred yourself between the trees, careful not to hit any of them on your patch. You saw a quite thick branch and decided to try and land on it.

Your feet hit the branch with a thud, however the bark was slippery as the morning dew hadn't yet evaporated by the touch of the sun. You felt yourself slipping forwards, loosing the grip of the handles as your arms automatically fumbled and tried to grasp on to something- anything at all.

"Oi! Be careful!", you heard someone yell. You then felt someone grab your hand and pull you back to the safe surface of the branch.

"Oh, I'm sorry!", you said and looked up into a pair of blue eyes. "Thank you Eren, you really saved me there", you added with a relieved sigh, feeling embarrassed over what had just happened.

"No worries, just be careful. The forest is still pretty damp. Lots of opportunities to slip", he said, reaching out his hand to help you up to your feet.

"Ey, Yaeger!", Jean called out as he and Marco landed on the same branch. As Jean started scolding Eren for something so random you didn't even care to listen, Marco made his way over to you. He kneeled down to your level with a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay Y/N? You look pretty shaken up", he asked while helping you up, his right arm supporting yours and the other one wrapped around you, holding on to your waist.