Chapter - 3

Finally, the day arrived where Alessandra is going back to her country

Finally, the day arrived where Alessandra is going back to her country. I am gonna miss her terribly. She asked me to come to her apartment. So in the morning I went and helped in packing her luggage. She made sure that the gifts for everyone were packed.

"Keep all these inside the car. The rest I will bring later." She said to her driver. After he left, she turned towards me.

"I am gonna get ready Nandita."

"Ok, I will be here." Alessandra smiled and went to her room. It took almost one hour for her to get ready. When she opened the door of her room, I smiled and admired her beauty.

"Looking stunning Alessa."

"Thank you, Nandita."

"So ready? I mean do you have anything else to do."

"No Nandita. I am done."

"Then let's go---"

I was interrupted by a phone call. Alessandra gazed at her phone. She attended it and said something in Italian which I didn't understand a bit. After ending her conversation, we together went down and the driver placed the remaining suitcases inside the car. Since I have to go to the hospital, I won't be accompanying her to the airport.

"So Alessa enjoy this one week. I wish to meet your family."

"I will make you meet my family one day. I have told them about you. About our friendship. My mom told me that she wants to meet you and my fellow interns but one way or the other they all get busy."

"I can understand. But don't worry. There is a lot of time right?"

"Of course. I promise you I will show you the whole Italy and my family."

"Ok, Alessa. Now don't be late. Have a nice journey."

"Thank you, Nandita. Take care. I will ring you when I reach there. Okay?"

I nodded and smiled. She hugged me tightly and I reciprocated it. She got inside the car and waved at me. I stood there till her car disappeared near the turning towards the main road. I sighed and checked the time and ambled towards my apartment.

*****

"

Come in Miss Khanna." said the HOD Dr Peter Grey.

"Sir I came to ask for a leave," I said after sitting comfortably in front of him.

"Why Miss Khanna? Any emergency?" From the his voice, I could make out that he is not ready to grant me leave. But I was determined to get it at any cost coz I want to free myself for some days.

"Sir my uncle and aunt are visiting my parents. So I thought of accompanying them. I haven't been to India for the past one year." I lied to him. He went into deep thought and I prayed for a positive response.