Chapter - 30

Later that evening Nakul bhaiya asked everyone to assemble to talk about an important matter

Later that evening Nakul bhaiya asked everyone to assemble to talk about an important matter. So before departing towards our respective rooms, we all occupied the living room. Nakul bhaiya revealed it in one go followed by pin-drop silence. I studied each one's face but I couldn't make out what they were thinking. Finally, Abhinav bhaiya broke the tense atmosphere.

"Why did you mention his name only? Is he the only bachelor among your friends?"

"No. That's not the reason. His parents are no more. They died in a car accident one year ago. Now he only has his younger brother and aunt. One day when he invited me to his house, his aunt said that she wants Harshad to settle down. And told me to find a girl for him. So when Pappa mentioned about Nannu's marriage, this came to my mind." He sighed and looked at Pappa who was in deep thought.

"Did you hear what he said?" Mummy asked to which Pappa nodded.

"What do you think beta?" He asked me.

"Uh... I don't know what to say. If you think this is a good alliance, I will go and meet him. But I will finalise whether I will marry him or not. Moreover, he can also reject me."

"We know it. The final word is yours and we won't put forth this subject ever." Pappa said.

"I think you should inform his aunt about Nannu. And later inform Harshad. If they both are ready, then Nandita can meet him." said Aakash bhaiya.

"Yes, that's what I want. I will talk to them," said Nakul bhaiya. He looked at me. I smiled and gestured for him to relax. He feared that Pappa will be angry with him but luckily he was calm. I didn't expect this from him.

"Do it as soon as possible. I don't want to trouble my daughter anymore. Already she suffered a lot."

"Pappa it's enough! I told you I am fine. My past is not bothering me now." I got restless because he still thinks I haven't got out of it.

"Never mind Nannu. He is always worried about his family. The other day I had a running nose and he got worried and was testing my patience by saying we can go to the doctor several times. I don't know how I made him back to his normal self." Pappa shot a glare at Mummy while we burst out laughing.

"Mummy he cares for you a lot. So take it in that way." Abhinav bhaiya said and mummy pinched Pappa's cheeks.

"Yes and he thinks he is young like you all." She said childishly.

"Of course I am still young my dear wife!" He said and posed romantically at mummy.

"Oh, this man!" She said and we couldn't control our laughter.

*****

"Harshad Ahuja..." Anirudh mumbled and looked through his photos in Google.