Chapter - 25

"Hel

"Hel...Hello...Daksh?" I tried to talk to him catching up my breath.

"Nannu? What happened?"

"Where are you now?"

"At my house. What's the matter?"

"I want to see you right now. I will message you the location. Come as soon as possible. Otherwise, you won't see me ever." I said and ended the call. I was panting and looked here and there. I haven't been to this place before but I can only see houses towards my right and left. No sound was heard from anywhere.

"Please God... Help me." I whimpered and recalled all the moments I spend with Leonardo. I cherished each second of it but now I regret everything.

I waited for Daksh and still had a fear that I will be caught by his men. I was sitting on the roadside because there wasn't any place to hide. Moreover, I don't have the stamina to run more.

A couple of minutes later I heard the sound of a car approaching. I got scared and stood up seeing the headlight. To my relief, it was Daksh. He stepped out of his car and I immediately hugged him. I couldn't control my emotions.

"Hey Nannu. Stop crying. What happened?"

"I don't want to marry Leonardo. He is not the one for me."

"Why are you saying this now? Did he do anything to you?"

“He is a bad person. He kills people."

“What do you mean?" I couldn't answer his question because the memory of the man getting shot by Leonardo came to my mind. I clutched his shirt out of fear.

“Nannu let's get inside the car and talk. It's not safe to stay in an unknown place." He opened the door and I got in. He sat on the driver seat and glanced at me.

“Should I take you home? Don't worry about Dad. I will make him understand."

“Can you take me to Alice? I will be comfortable with her." Daksh sighed and took his phone and dialled her number.

“Hi, Alice. Um... sorry for disturbing your sleep. I need your help." He started explaining to her and when he disconnected the call, he turned towards me.

“She doesn't have any problem. Let's go to her." I nodded and we headed to her place.

*****

“My God! I can't believe this. He is a Mafia Don. Unbelievable!" Alice said with a shocked expression. Daksh also couldn't digest what I revealed to them.

“You are lucky Nandita. That Mia helped you to get away from there. God bless her!"

“I hope she is safe there. I won't be able to tolerate the news of her death. She is a good person."