Chapter - 59

“So wifey be ready for the dinner

“So wifey be ready for the dinner. I will be coming on time. And I am sure you are gonna be awestruck to witness the decorations."

“Ok hubby. Let me see." I gave a mocking expression before stepping out of the car. “Be careful. Drive carefully."

“You are saying this to a man who has been driving for the past couple of years. But I will be careful."

“Well then bye," I mumbled and saw the car going out of my sight.

I walked towards my room. Today I will be having two surgeries to attend. And God knows will I be able to reach my house on time. Harshad decided to take me out for a candlelight dinner. Just us. He wants to spend some time alone with me. It's been a long since we dined out. Moreover, he wants to make sure that I am not affected by Leonardo. Even though there is no news about him, I still get a little bad vibe that he is planning something to do.

I know him very well. He won't back off easily. Either he will take revenge on me. I am okay with it because I just want myself to be the prey for his revenge. But I will fight back. I will protect my family at any cost.

Keeping aside my thoughts I started seeing my patients and successfully did the surgeries. In the afternoon I was a little free because there weren't many patients. I went through few medical sites until I received Daksh's call.

“Hey bro what's up?"

“Fine Nannu. How are you?"

“I am good. Daily coming to the hospital, working and then going back."

“Seems like you are not enjoying your life now."

“No, it's not like that. I get tired after work. So when I get back home, I will have a nap before helping Isha with her studies. Her exams are approaching."

“I see. But I know Isha is a bright student. Her mother was a class topper!"

“So?"

“Nothing. I was just telling."

“My daughter studies well but that doesn't mean I will pressurise her by telling her that your mother was a topper so you should--"

“Ok ok. I am sorry. Let's leave the topic. I called you to say that Dad is planning to move to India."

“What?" I was surprised. “Really?"

“Yes. He wants to stay with your family. Mom can organise a yoga class if she wants and I can get into an IT Company if possible."

“That's amazing. I will be happy to see Chachu and Chachi living with Mummy and Pappa. They all will be so happy."

“I know. But we haven't decided the date to come to India. But I will update you once we finalize to say our goodbye to the US."

“Great! Have you informed Pappa?"

“Nope. We will inform him later. But for time being just keep this a secret. Tell Harshad also. He wished for our presence on Isha's birthday but we couldn't come. Never mind. Her cool uncle will be showering her with gifts when we see her."

“She loves you a lot. You and Rohit are her crime partners."

“I forgot to ask you. How are others?"

“They all are fine. Harshad went for a business meeting. He will be late. Rohit will be picking up Isha from school. My driver will arrive on time. But there is one thing?"

“What?"

“He will be taking me for a candlelight dinner today. I am so excited because we are having one after a long time."

"That sounds great! You both should have some time to be with each other. Like lovers."

“And one more thing is there."

“Tell me."

“On Isha's birthday, I saw a person whom I didn't expect at all. Leonardo."

"WHAT?" He almost shouted. I took a deep breath and revealed everything to him.

“Now there isn't a trace about him."

“But you should be careful. He will form a revengeful mind. Seeing you have a family will trigger him. He will try to hurt you and everyone."

"I know. But Harshad is by my side. He won't allow Leo to touch me."

"Don't be overconfident. Be alert. He will show up all of a sudden and can cause a disaster."

“I know it Daksh. I am careful. You don't have to worry much."

“But you have to inform me if anything goes wrong. Okay?"

“Done. Um, I have a patient to see. Will call you later. Bye."

“Bye Nannu."

*****

I reached home on time. Harshad texted me that he will be leaving the meeting place within minutes. I am super excited for the dinner. He knows how to cheer me up. He knows how to surprise me.

I got suspicious when I walked past the door. No lights. Full darkness. It's an unusual thing. I took out my phone to check whether Masi or Rohit had called me to inform me about hanging out with Isha. None had called me.

“Masi? Rohit? Isha?" I yelled.

There wasn't any response. I was getting worried. I tried to switch on the lights but my attempts failed. There is no current.

What's happening? Where are the others? Is something wrong?

“Please don't scare me like this. Enough of this prank. Come out." I said but still silent.

Suddenly the lights came and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. My daughter. My Isha is tied to a chair. She is immobilised. A cloth piece is trying to prevent her from making noises. She was crying. And she is at gunpoint.

“NO. Please leave her. What the hell do you want?" I screamed at the man dressed in black. His face wasn't visible because of the mask.

“I SAID LEAVE HER. NOW."

Just then I felt an arm around me. Before I could protest, I felt a sharp sensation on my neck. A syringe. Within seconds, my vision got blurred. Darkness was consuming me before I heard a gunshot and a husky voice.

“Sleep well amore. You need rest."

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞What happened to Nandita? Is it Leonardo?

☞Did anyone got killed because she heard a gunshot before she got unconscious?