Chapter - 78

I almost lost my patience when Diego the dear brother of my rival came to meet me

I almost lost my patience when Diego the dear brother of my rival came to meet me. He expressed that the death of their consigliere had increased his family's vengeance towards us and they won't sit back until they avenge the death of Matteo. Dad and Salvatore assured me that we will fight back and victory will be on our side as always.

But the thing that worries me is about Nandita. Diego spotted us together during her training and he will try his best to find out every detail about her. And it can be a risk to her. I don't want the outside mafia world to see her before she becomes my wife. She needs to be trained properly because she will be ruling my empire like a Donna. The power she will be having will benefit her a lot.

I discussed this with Alfredo and Valentina. They are ready to do as I say but Valentina mentioned one thing which remains as an obstacle or rather a challenge. Nandita is still reminiscing about Mr Ahuja and her daughter. I am not able to make her realise that he won't return to her life. She and her daughter will live with me.

So I decided to change her. I am adamant to make her mine and that will happen for sure. I am utterly surprised that till now Mr Ahuja hasn't done anything to save her. Either he is aware that it's not easy to take Nandita from me or he fears me.

When Nandita and Alessandra got back from the hospital, I saw a glimpse of sadness on Alessa's face. Enzo was present when they came and by evening they will go back to his house. She didn't answer mom's questions. Nandita simply smiled when the questions were asked to her.

I ignored the reactions for time being because right now I have to check whether the Mancinis are planning a war or not. I have to ensure my family's safety, especially Nandita's. There is a high chance that she has become their new target.

Roberto and Alessandro have appointed some men to signal us about the attack from our rivals. So I only have to be more careful when it's time. Keeping all that in mind, I got busy with my work in my office room.

*****

“Where is Nandita?" I questioned Mia.

“She went to the library."

I nodded and headed towards the place where she is present. I am sure that something disturbed both on their way back. None of them hadn't talked about it. I couldn't ask Alessa because she stayed inside her room until it was time for them to depart.

The door was left open so I entered inside and saw her reading. She didn't realise my presence and I slowly took a few steps toward the chair beside her.

“What are you reading?" I asked occupying the chair. Nandita showed me the front cover and resumed reading.

“Are you okay?"