Chapter - 32

I haven't heard from Harshad for the past few days

I haven't heard from Harshad for the past few days. Nakul bhaiya tried calling him but he was unreachable. I was expecting this because after hearing about my past which I don't want to affect my life anymore, it's not easy to accept me. Harshad is a mature person but that doesn't mean he will accept me. I am not a virgin and had been in a serious relationship with a Mafia Don. He will harm Harshad and his family if I become related to him. So he should ignore me forever. So that he can live a normal life.

But I understood that I was wrong when the shocking news arrived one day. None had expected that, especially me. Harshad called Pappa and said that he is ready to accept me as his better half. Pappa couldn't believe his ears and informed us. At first, I wasn't happy because I know Harshad will fall into danger but later I felt immense respect for him. I called him to express it.

"Hey, Harshad. I don't know how to---"

“Don't thank me Nandita. I can understand your state. You are still trying your best not to remember your past. It's difficult to forget but I know you are courageous enough to fight back. But I want to marry you. And trust me I will protect you."

“You don't have to risk your life."

“It's not a problem for me." I sighed. “Don't cry. You shouldn't fall weak."

“Okay," I said and he hung up the call. I felt a feeling of satisfaction throughout my body. I closed my eyes and thanked God.

*****

“Nannu are you ready?" I heard mummy asking. Indu went and opened the door. Mummy saw me and I got up to hug her.

“My beautiful daughter!" She kissed my forehead. Mahimaji will like you."

Today Harshad and his family will be coming to see me

Today Harshad and his family will be coming to see me. His aunt was eagerly waiting to meet me after he broke the news about his willingness to marry me. I had talked to her through phone and today both families will be meeting each other.