Chapter - 11

After calming myself, I started to explain the reason for the sudden change in me

After calming myself, I started to explain the reason for the sudden change in me. She didn't interfere in between and she was a good listener.

"That's it?" She asked.

"Yes...I didn't expect him here." She let out a soft chuckle.

"Come on Nandita! Don't be scared like this. He might have come here for other purposes. I don't think he will search for you. So be cool."

"But I haven't informed Leonardo that I won't be coming today. So he might search for me."

"Whatever you stop worrying and let's watch something to decrease the tension." I nodded and she switched on the TV. Even though I pretended to concentrate on the movie, I prayed that Leonardo won't appear here.

Luckily I didn't see his car when I went to see it after the movie. I let out a sigh of relief. That instant the phone chimed and I glanced at Daksh's message.

D:Nannu they are going back tomorrow morning. They have no intentions to see you.

I felt a kind of relief and happiness that I jumped out of excitement. Is this a dream? I read the message again and again.

"Hey what's the reason for this happiness?" inquired Alice. I rushed towards her and engulfed her in a hug. I told her the reason and her response was a smile.

"So Alice I will go back as soon as possible."

"You can stay back if you want. I have no issues." She made me rethink my decision. But I decided to leave.

"It's fine Alice. I have to go. I am happy that you allowed me here."

"My pleasure Nandita. Your presence did well to me. At least I could chat with someone for hours. Thank you." I smiled and we hugged again.

"Then I will leave now itself," I said taking my handbag from the sofa.

"Call me when you get there. And it would be nice if you visit me whenever possible."

"Sure..." She gestured me to stay and went inside her kitchen and came with a box.

"This is for you. Open it when you reach your room. Okay?"

I nodded and bid my farewell. I hired a cab and the driver took me to my apartment. I glanced at my phone and the other one which Daksh gave me to contact him. I decided to give it back after my parents' departure. I reached my room after some time. I took bath and sat on my bed and dialled Daksh's number.

"Hey?"

"Nannu you reached?"

"Yep..."

"Good but don't switch on your phone. I will tell you when to do it."

"Ok, what are they doing now?"