Chapter - 50

I opened my laptop and went through the details of the Rossi family from Italy

I opened my laptop and went through the details of the Rossi family from Italy. They own a company and it's a successful one. They had extended their business empire some other countries and now they want to make a deal with me. I don't know why they chose me.

I didn't have any interest at first but later after going through all sorts of information about the company works I am impressed but not fully. So I decided to meet the CEO in person. Then I will decide whether I need to make a deal or not.

I called Aman and he got me the number. I called the CEO in his presence. After two rings I heard a voice on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr Rossi. I am Harshad Ahuja."

"Oh yeah. CEO of Ahuja Industries right?"

"Yes."

"I was expecting your call. Your assistant informed me that you will tell about your decision. So what did you decide?"

"I would like to meet you in person. That time we can discuss the deal and then we can conclude whether we need to move further or not."

"Yeah. That's better. I will talk to other board members and will let you know about the date and time. Is that fine?"

"Yes. Of course. Thank you, Mr Rossi."

"Thank you for calling Mr Ahuja!"

I pressed the end button and glanced at Aman who had a curious look on his face. "He agreed Aman. Now we need to wait for their call. I hope they will inform me soon. Because from his tone, I can make out that he is having a keen interest in coming here."

"I think they will be useful to our company."

"Hope so," I mumbled. Aman took his leave and I closed my eyes and sighed.

*****

I asked for Ishaani when I reached home. Nandita had to pick her up from the school because I had an online conference to attend. I saw Masi and Nandita talking when I entered my house.

"Where is Isha?"

"She is having a nap. Beta her birthday is coming. What's your plan?" Masi inquired.

"I haven't forgotten it, Masi. I thought of discussing about the party with you all. Let's start planning today night after Ishaani is asleep. Okay?"

"Fine. Um, Harshad Rohit called me. He is coming the day before her birthday. His exams will be over and he has one week holiday."

"Oh! But he said the college didn't say anything right?"

"Yeah but today they got new information and it's final. No changes will be done."

"Good. So he can be a part of the celebration."

"Now you freshen up. I will tell Ishaani about your arrival." Nandita said but I stopped her.

"No. Let her sleep. I will teach her when she is ready to learn."

I headed to my room and after freshening up, Nandita brought me coffee. We had a conversation about what all happened that day at our working place. We have nothing interesting to share but we talk daily.

Later during dinner time, Ishaani came down and hugged me. I told her that I am ready with the poem and she got excited to learn. I kissed her cheeks and had our dinner. Then we occupied the living room as usual. She sat on my lap while I placed the printout on the table.

"Look beta. This is the poem you are gonna recite okay?"

"Okay, Pappa."

"I will recite first. Then I will teach you each paragraph."

She nodded her head and I started reciting it.

Daffodils

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed-and gazed-but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills, And dances with the daffodils.

I completed and looked at Ishaani. She was staring at the paper.

"Did you like the poem?"

"Yes, Pappa. It's nice to hear."

"Do you think it's hard for you to learn this?

"No. I will try. And I know you will help me with this." She said and confidence was visible on her face.

"Good. So can we start?"

"Yes." She giggled.

*****

After I made sure that Ishaani dozed off, I stepped out of her room quietly. I have to plan for her big day with her mother and dadi. When I reached down, Masi was already talking with Nandita.

"Hey ladies what's wrong?"

"Nothing. We were just talking about the party to be held."

“Oh! Well can I say one thing to you if you both won't get angry at me?"

“Say it Harshad."

“I am not in a mood to discuss. I am tired Masi. We can converse tomorrow regarding this."

“Ok. But tomorrow we should." Masi said sternly. I nodded and she went towards her room while we sauntered up.

When Nandita switched off the light, she rested her head on my chest. I caressed her hair but my mind was occupied by the conversation with Mr Rossi.

*****

H

ey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞Will Mr Rossi's entry create troubles for the Ahujas?