Chapter - 14

Finally, we shifted to the apartment where Alessandra used to live

Finally, we shifted to the apartment where Alessandra used to live. I could sense she is excited to live here. The only reason is Nandita. Even I am also happy that I could get to see her anytime I want. Day by day, we are becoming more friendly. I think she is not feeling awkward while around me. Both Roberto and Alessandra are happy with the progress.

Alessandra will be going back to the hospital with Nandita the next day. I will be accompanying them from tomorrow onwards. Alessandra's driver who went missing on the day of the attack was found a couple of days before in a worse condition. He is getting back to his normal state bit by bit. So I insisted him take rest coz he was brutally beaten by the attackers.

Alfredo is not happy with me for the decision to stay here. He thinks another attack can be expected soon. Even though he is my right-hand man, I consider him like a friend. He wants my family to be safe. For that, he will do anything. I made him understand that it's to make Nandita realise my love for her. And I told him we will leave this country soon after my wedding.

The servants arranged everything. I informed Nandita about our arrival. So she will be coming here for dinner after her duty time. I even informed my family and they said that Nandita will accept me. And I am waiting for that moment.

*****

"Leo hanno sistemato la tavola. Nandita arriverà presto. Mi ha chiamato e ha detto che è rimasta lì un po' più a lungo per via di un caso di emergenza". Alessandra informed me.
("Leo they arranged the table. Nandita will come soon. She called me and said she stayed there a little longer coz of an emergency case.")

That instant, the bell rang and I was sure it will be Nandita. My guess was right when I saw her but the happiness inside me became low when I saw a person behind her, Daksh.

"Hey, Daksh. Glad to meet you after a long time!" Alessandra said giving him a side hug.

I was surprised to know that they have met before. I clenched my fist upon seeing him. I thought Nandita would be alone. I saw her looking at me. She approached me.

"Hey, Leonardo..."

"Hi, Nandita. You look beautiful!"

"Thank you. Sorry for being late. I became busy in the last hour. I told Alessandra."

"Yeah, she informed me. By the way, Alessandra knows your cousin?"

"Yeah but only a few times they have met in person."

"Okay..." Then I saw her cousin ambling towards us.