Chapter - 84

Everything seems to be back to normal after one week of Alessandra's death

Everything seems to be back to normal after one week of Alessandra's death. The whole family is grieving but they know they have to accept the reality and move on. From what Mia has told me, Leonardo is planning to take revenge on the Macinis. He is planning to take them down forever. And the men are always discussing this for the past few days.

Mrs. Martinelli leaves her room very often and I haven't seen Salvatore's siblings post-funeral service. After dropping me back here, they together left somewhere. Leonardo didn't put any effort into talking to me like before. He talks less even to his family. Most of the time, he is inside his office room.

I killed my time inside the library and Valentina accompanies me wherever I goes. She said it was an order from Leonardo that I should be guarded. The rival mafia can target me knowing Leonardo's connection with me. But I am least bothered about myself. I don't want them to hurt my husband and brothers. I ensured their safety every day by enquiring about them with Alfredo.

Now I am getting the space I craved for the past couple of months. Nobody is bothered about what I am doing here except Mia. And I am happy that Leonardo is busy with his work. Otherwise, like every day, he will be irritating me to the core. The suffocation of being troubled by him is reducing gradually.

This continued for a few more days until Leonardo called me to his office one day. I was astonished by his sudden invitation. Valentina said he has got something important to talk to me about. I headed towards his office room and was curious to know about the reason. I knocked on the door and to my surprise, Leonardo himself opened the door. He moved aside for me to enter. After I got inside, we sat facing each other.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, I think you are feeling safe here."

"I am not feeling neither safe nor good. I don't know how to describe what I feel."

He sighed and leaned forward. "Nandita now the Macinis are aware of who you are and our connection. So I have decided one thing for your safety."

"What decision?" I frowned.

"I am shifting you to a much safer place. You should move as soon as possible."

I was shocked to hear about moving me to another place. A place where I will be only surrounded by unfamiliar faces, a place where I will be away from my husband and brothers.

"No! Not at all. I won't go anywhere."

"Nandita this is not the time to be stubborn. I am worried about your safety."

"You are only worried about me. But I am worried about my husband and brothers down there. They are in this condition because of you. And you don't think to keep them safe?"

"As far as I and my men are here, I won't let anything happen to them. You can trust me in that."

I scoffed. "Really? Trusting you is the last thing I will do in my life. Who knows that you will finish off them after I leave."

"I told you that I will never hurt them because it will upset you. I don't want you to be upset."

"You are already upsetting me a lot," I murmured.

"It will be tightly guarded and I am sending Mia and Valentina with you. You will be safe there and all your needs will be met by the people around you. I have taken care of everything."

"I said I am not going anywhere, Mr Martinelli. I don't wish to be away from my husband and brothers. They came here to save me from this hell. I can't live in a safer place knowing that they are in danger. So I have made my decision. There is no change in that." I sternly said.

He let out a deep sigh and got up. I thought he is going to force me to obey his decision but what he said next surprised me. "Fine Nandita. As you wish. But you still have time to rethink your decision."

He went and opened the door indicating that the conversation is over. I couldn't process what he said for the next couple of seconds because he is good at forcing his rules and regulations upon others. But today he didn't force his decision. He just let it go when I objected.

"Strange!" I muttered as I exited the room.

For the past couple of days, I and the men of the family were discussing on how to erase every trace of Macinis from this earth

For the past couple of days, I and the men of the family were discussing on how to erase every trace of Macinis from this earth. We have always been one step ahead of them, but the cowards took my sister's life. They backstabbed us and now they don't deserve any mercy. All of them will suffer for killing my Alessandra.

Dad is always mentioning Mom in every meeting telling about her trauma. Not only she but everyone is traumatized. My cousins have gone to destroy their shipments of drugs and everything that will cause their financial downfall. We are destroying them in every way possible. This is going to be a war with severe bloodshed.

But in between this, I was worried for Nandita. Now the rivals are aware of her connection with me. This got revealed during the funeral service. So now her life is in extreme danger and I can't let her be the victim of their cruelty. I couldn't protect my sister but I would do anything to protect Nandita. She is precious to me.

That's why I planned to shift her to a much safer place till the war gets over. I can't involve her in this mess. I haven't talked to her since my sister's death and I know it will give her some space which she craved for. Even though I was sure that Nandita would reject my plan, I decided to discuss it with her. I didn't feel angry towards her when she said no and that surprised me because I usually don't take rejections.

After she left, I texted Alfredo to meet me in the basement. He came and I told him to tighten the security for her brothers and Mr Ahuja. If anything happens to them, then Nandita won't forgive me. At least I should keep her happy by keeping her dear ones safe.

*****

Hey guys

I am back after a long break. I was facing a writer's block and now I am finally back on track. I hope you all are doing pretty well.

☞How was the chapter?

☞Do you think Leonardo can keep his promise to himself?

☞Can Nandita and her family get back to their place amidst the war?