Chapter - 86

I was on cloud nine the moment Leonardo told me to go and meet Harshad and my brothers

I was on cloud nine the moment Leonardo told me to go and meet Harshad and my brothers. I didn't waste a second and I ran towards the basement. The securities stared at me but I didn't pay any heed.

“Harshad!" I called out while opening the door. He looked up at me and smiled.

“How do you feel? You okay?" I asked touching his hand through the grill.

“I am ok Nannu. I am just worried about you." He sounded sad.

“So many are happening here. Nobody is safe here. But I am somehow holding up."

I glanced at my brothers who were sleeping. I was about to wake them up but Harshad told me not to. “They didn't get good sleep yesterday. The whole night they were talking about your childhood and the years when you stayed away from them. It was an emotional conversation, Nannu. Let them sleep."

Tears welled up in my eyes. I stared down at them and felt sorry that they had to go through all these things because of me. I sighed and rested my head on the grill.

“It's ok Nannu. I know what you are thinking. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. You know we will do anything to save you. We had this determination way before we came here. So please..."

“I don't know when will that day come."

“That day is not very far. You just stay hopeful." He squeezed my hand.

“Ms Khanna you are asked to go back to your room. It's urgent."

I was startled by the guard's sudden order. I frowned and glanced at Harshad and then towards the guard. “What the hell? Your Don only asked me to meet them."

“This is Don's order. You have to leave now."

“What---" I tried to protest but Harshad immediately stopped me.

“Nannu just do as he says. For the time being you have to obey his commands. It's for your good. At least Leonardo allowed you to come here."

“But Harshad I am not done talking."

“Yeah I can understand but now you have to go. I will inform them about your visit. I don't have the mind to disturb their sleep." Harshad said looking at my brothers.

“Take care. I will come ok." I kissed his knuckles and walked out of the room. Valentina appeared before me.

“Sorry Ms.Khanna, a problem has occurred so we have to escort you back to your room." 

“See I am not a small kid or any VIP to give this stupid treatment. I can go myself."

“Apologies Ms. Khanna but this moment onwards your security is tightened by Don."