Chapter - 83

The war has started

The war has started. But not the war between me and Leonardo. The war between two powerful Mafia families the Martinelli and the Macini. And the first victim is Alessandra.

The Macinis did an unexpected attack by killing the only sister of the Italian Don. She left the hospital after the checkup not knowing that her car will blow into flames minutes later. Vincenzo left for an urgent matter but only after waving goodbye to his wife. Little did he know that it was the last goodbye.

Alessandra's death showed me one thing which I hadn't expected to witness, Leonardo's weak side. He heard about the bad news in front of me and there I saw him getting emotional for the first time. He cried like any other man when he gets to know the death of his dear one. And Leonardo loved his sister a lot.

When he got emotional, I didn't even console him. Leonardo then somehow brought up the courage to inform the family about the devastating news. The whole family was shocked to the core. They not only lost Alessandra but also her unborn baby. Even I was also devastated.

Mrs. Martinelli fainted on spot upon hearing about the death of her daughter. Mr. Martinelli tried not to cry but at last, he broke down. He showered the Macinis with curse words. Roberto along with the cousins went to the place where she was killed. Leonardo didn't accompany them. He went straight to his room.

Valentina told me to stay in my room. She told me that it's better not to talk with anyone in the family. So I went back to my room and remembered all the memories I had with Alessandra. She was the cheerful one among the interns and took everything in a calm and cool way. Other than Daksh, she was the one who filled me with happiness.

My eyes welled up with tears as I recalled everything and I let the tears roll down my face. I felt bad for her because she didn't deserve this. She should have led a happy life with her baby and Vincenzo. But you can't expect peacefulness when you are born into a mafia family. Also, I felt bad for Vincenzo because the family he formed is now broken.

*****

Salvatore and Alessandro looked after the funeral arrangements. Angelica, Elena, and Aurora stayed with the elder ladies. Mia was asked to stay with me by Leonardo. I don't know what's his condition now. And how he is holding up.

"Poor Alessa. She didn't deserve this Mia." She just hummed in response and took in a deep breath.

"Ms. Alessandra was a kind soul Nandita. She was very friendly to all. And the dearest one in this family."

"How can the Macini take revenge on Leonardo by killing Alessa? She was innocent right?"

Mia turned to face me. "Yes. And she became the target because of her innocence only. The Macinis will look on the weakness of their enemies."