Chapter - 29

The next morning we gathered for breakfast

The next morning we gathered for breakfast. I took a glance at Nakul bhaiya. He gestured me to speak.

"Pappa I am ready to get married!"

Everyone stopped eating and looked at me. There was a bright smile on Pappa's face but the rest except Nakul bhaiya were shocked. I think they thought I will say no. Pappa grabbed my hand gently.

"Are you sure beta? Look I will never force you---"

"I know you won't. And it's my final decision. I said yes to Leonardo thinking that I will enjoy a good marital life with him but I was received with a shock of my life. I should have asked Daksh to find exact details about him. But I became blinded by his love." I paused and exhaled sharply. "But that incident brought me close to you. Still, I believe that I don't deserve your forgiveness. But keeping aside the part memories you all accepted me. And I am sure my Pappa will do the best for me. So I am ready to move on."

"Nobody forced you right?" asked Mummy. She had a concerned look on her face.

"No. It's my decision only. And I am ready to face what the future holds for me."

Mummy sighed and believed my words. I looked at my brothers and gestured for them to smile for me. They did and we resumed having food.

"But I have few conditions," I stated and they put their gaze at me. "I need to have a brief conversation with the person whom I am gonna marry. And he should know about my past. And if he rejects me, then I will live like a spinster till my end."

"Agreed. We will let you know further things. Now finish your breakfast and take a rest. I think you didn't get a good sleep." Aakash bhaiya said.

He was right. There was a tough war between my heart and mind regarding this matter the whole night. I was aware of the pros and cons of my decision but I was determined that I will never submit myself to the devil even if I have to lead a single life.

Except me and Mummy, the rest went to work. I grabbed one book to read. Every time I start reading a book, one particular character whether it a protagonist or antagonist will influence me a lot and I will imagine myself in their place. So that makes me enjoy reading. Till noon my mind was immersed in the story.

Mummy called me down for lunch. I sauntered down and was met with a familiar face. It was our maid Leela. I went to her.

"Leelaji how are you? Mummy told me your son wasn't well. How is he now?"

"Fine beta. He had food poison. So I took him to a doctor and now he is becoming better day by day. Today morning when I came madam told me that you are back. How are you beta?"

"Fine Leelaji. I was waiting for you to come. I missed your rasgulla." She smiled and promised to make some for me.

She came to this house when I was a small kid. At that time her family faced severe poverty and she was just 18 years old. She dropped off her studies and started working and seeing her condition, Mummy offered her to help more. Since I was little that time, we became attached and she joined me during my playtime. Mummy could trust her and she was my company when others weren't at home.

"Sit down beta. I will arrange the table now." She said and walked towards the kitchen. Mummy came after talking with someone on phone.

"Nannu Nakul called me and said that you have to meet him at his company. He wants to talk to you."

"Okay mummy. But at what time?"

"After 3 pm. Then only he will be free." I nodded and we sat to have lunch.

*****

I entered the building passing the glass door. The young receptionist got up when she recognised me. She approached me with a pleasant smile.

"Hi Ma'am. Sir told me to let you in. He had business meetings in the morning. But now he is free."

"Ok thank you, Sheetal." She smiled and I headed towards his room.

"Hey, buddy..." I called my brother and he looked up at me. He gestured me to come and we sat facing each other. He was fiddling with his fingers and sweat beads formed on his forehead.

"All okay?" I enquired.

"Yes yes. Um... I have one thing to tell you." He paused and I kept on looking at him to say the matter.

"Pappa wants to get you married as soon as possible. But he hasn't found out a suitable boy for you. But I have one person in my mind. He is my business partner and friend. He is a good person. If you are willing, I will talk with Pappa and will let you both meet one day."

"So you haven't spoken to Pappa about this?"

"No. I thought to reveal this to you first. Because you are gonna get married. So I want to know what should I do next?"

I sighed and looked down for a couple of seconds. I haven't seen my brother so nervous that he is asking me what to do next. I cleared my throat and glanced at him.

"Tell this to everyone today itself. If Pappa and Mummy are okay with it, I am ready to meet him."

"Okay Nannu. I will inform others when I am back home. Promise me you will not do anything that will disappoint you."

"I won't bhaiya. Trust me I thought about it a lot. So you don't have to think like this. I will not back off." He smiled and came and hugged me.

"I am always there for you."

"I know it Bhai. Thank you." He kissed my head and cupped my face.

"If you feel like you are not willing to marry him after talking with him, then nobody will ever talk about your marriage."

"Let me see him first. By the way, you didn't mention his name."

"Harshad... Harshad Ahuja."

*****

Hey guys

☞ How was the chapter?

☞ Do you think Nandita decision is wrong?

☞ Are you excited for Harshad?

☞ Are the chapters becoming boring?

☞☞ If you don't know who is playing Harshad Ahuja, go and check the Character [Part 1 ].