Chapter - 43

Harshad came back home after five days

Harshad came back home after five days. He received good treatment and now he is back having the same energy as before. Masi took care of him in my absence. But later Harshad took care of himself. He had his food and medicines on time and nobody ordered him to do so. And I felt happy.

And my work is getting better. I am coping up with the new atmosphere, new colleagues. My interns are good at what they do. And I am happy that I don't get any complaints about them. Anirudh and Indulekha went to Kerala to celebrate his grandfather's 70th birthday. My family is happy to know that I am doing well here.

Masi talked a lot about her childhood, teenage, how she faced all hardships after her husband's death. And how Harshad's mother saved her and brought her here. She is a strong woman and she loves me like her own daughter. Because of her love and Rohit's company, I don't miss my home too much.

But I wasn't doing anything to know more about Harshad from him. He kept a distance from me even though we talked to each other. I still couldn't get close to him. But everything changed one night. Harshad took me to his parents' room again. I thought he was missing them but he had one thing in his mind to tell me.

When everyone slept, we entered the room. We laid on the bed and he held my hand. We stared at the ceiling not speaking a single word. I felt calm and looked at him.

“Is everything okay?"

“Yeah, Nandita. I want to be with you in this room."

“Why?"

He turned to my side and smiled. “You know what? That day when you allowed me to rest on your palm, I had a good sleep. It felt like it was my mother beside taking care of me. I thought this feeling will go away but till I recovered, I slept like that. And you didn't complain."

“Harshad your comfortability was my priority that moment. So I didn't feel like I was getting uncomfortable."

“But one thing I realised after I got discharged. That I want your presence beside me when I go to bed. Don't think I am acting like a little boy but I think I like to see you on my bed before I sleep and after I wake up."

“But I wake up before you."

“Yeah. That's true." He chuckled.

“What made you think like this suddenly?"

“Um... I think because I missed sleeping on your palm. It was good."

He stared at me for few seconds before getting close to me. I moved a little but he stopped. But we were close. His breath was fanning my face. “Nandita... why can't we give our relationship a chance?"

“What do you mean?" I asked surprised.

“I mean we know each other's past and how we got till here. Masi and Rohit already love you a lot. They don't know what we talked about that day. And I promise you that I will not disclose it to anyone."