Chapter - 72

Leonardo gained back his consciousness that night itself

Leonardo gained back his consciousness that night itself. The nurse came and informed us immediately. The doctor checked him. I stood observing everything. Leonardo was able to speak and understand what was told to him. I insisted his parents stay back and the rest go coz the area outside the room was crowded with all.

When the doctor and the nurses left, I slowly went and sat beside him. He was staring at me and I formed a smile on my face because I was happy that he is becoming better. I didn't move when he gently placed his hand on mine. He moved and tried to sit up.

"No. Lie down. You will have pain. Just don't move for some days."

"I am fine Nandita. I am used to these attacks and all." He chuckled softly.

"But if I say that you need to rest then you should follow my order. You have to come out of this hospital feeling okay."

"Yeah. I will. I know you will take care of me."

"It's my duty, Mr Leonardo Martinelli. Nothing else." I said as I placed his hand on the bed. I stood up to leave.

"Thank you for being there for me."

I opened the door and before exiting I smirked at him. "As I said it's my duty."

I straightway went to see his parents who were present in another room that was allotted for them to rest. Mrs Martinelli rushed towards me when she saw me. "How is he?"

"He is fine Mrs Martinelli. I asked him to rest as per the doctor's instructions."

"Thank you, child." She mumbled before pulling me into a tight hug.

His father just thanked me and he was relieved to know that his son was fine and there wasn't anything to worry about. After that, I went towards the doctor's room to ask a few things about Leonardo's health.

*****

Two days later

"So you are telling me that this hospital is only for them." I enquired.

"Yes, Nandita. The hospital is owned by this family. They don't go to other private hospitals in case of any emergencies. Here they have appointed a qualified medical team for their needs."

"But this family doesn't need this hospital every time. I mean if it's only meant for them, then I think it won't work like other hospitals."

"No. It's not like that. You have just seen one side of it. The hospital is huge. With all facilities, it provides every treatment that a citizen wants. Anyone from this family will only be taken to this side of the hospital because they don't want attention from the public."

I was surprised at her revelation. Martinellis own a hospital that treats even the common people. I couldn't believe it. I thought they won't do such kinds of things to the public.