Chapter - 35

Haldi done

Haldi done. Mehedi done. Sangeet night over. At last, my wedding day arrived. The day when two people promise to be there for each other. The day where two souls become one. I should be happy for this day if I hadn't had an ugly past. But seeing the happiness on my dear ones face, it's hard to hold back my emotions.

The day went as usual. I was chatting with Alice. Indulekha had an emergency case to attend to. So she and Anirudh will be arriving in the evening. Alice shared about her bond with her cousins to entertain me. She even shared the naughty things she did to her classmates in high school. I couldn't control my laugh when she opened about her first hook up which went funny.

My whole family was busy taking care of this and that. Around 5 pm, many guests arrived. I decided to get ready and when the makeup artist came I was ready and wore my bridal dress. When I glanced at the mirror, the image of the white gown which I was supposed to wear crept into my mind. I don't know what they did with that dress. It was an expensive one but I don't know why I care about it now.

“Your dress is fantastic! Whose choice is this?" The young lady asked.

“It's my mother's choice. She is good at selecting the best garments for me." I saw her smiling.

Alice was waiting for Indulekha so that she can help her with her dress

Alice was waiting for Indulekha so that she can help her with her dress. She had brought her favourite gown with her to wear on my wedding day. I haven't seen her after we had coffee because I immediately came to my room to take bath.

After some time, my makeup and hair were done. Yes, now I am totally ready for my wedding. I almost got awestruck seeing myself in the mirror. I couldn't stop smiling. I felt a warmth on my cheeks. Oh My God! I am blushing.

“Oh, the bride is getting shy. Look..." Alice shouted. I turned to face her and saw her along with Indulekha. They were whispering to each other. I raised my brows.