Chapter - 7

"So you will be monitoring her till George comes back okay?"

Glen nodded and looked at the patient's vitals before departing from the room. My night shift got over and I went straight to my room. I splashed the cold water and cleaned my face. Then I sat on the chair and suddenly one thought appeared in my mind.

"Today onwards I will be doing Alessandra's check-up."

I checked the time. It was 8:15 am. I sighed and remembered what Mr Martinelli said the previous night. I took my phone and glanced at his message. I felt nervous to call him. I haven't felt this before. I decided to have a word with the Chief and headed towards his cabin. He was reading the newspaper and gestured me to come in.

"Sir today I will be starting Alessandra's check-up. I am planning to go now itself."

"Your shift is over right?" I nodded.

"Then you can leave Ms Khanna. And update me after you leave her house."

"Sure sir. Thank you."

I turned towards the door but was stopped by the chief.

"One important thing. They are rich people. Don't make any mistake there. I know you are an experienced person but still..."

"I will take care of it, sir."

He smiled and I left his cabin. When I reached mine, my nervousness increased and hesitantly I dialled Mr Martinelli's number. I pressed the call button and waited for his response. Surprisingly after one ring, he answered my call.

"Good morning Ms Khanna."

"Morning Mr Martinelli. Uhm...my duty time ended. So---"

"I am waiting outside come."

"WHAT?" I didn't expect this reply.

"You didn't hear me? I am---"

"Yeah yeah. I am coming."

I ended the call and took my bag and ran towards the entrance. I recognised his car in which he dropped me here yesterday. I walked towards it and he got out of the car.

"How was your night duty?" He asked and opened the door for me.

"Good and thank you." I got inside and he occupied the driving seat.

"Let's go right?" He glanced at me.

"Yeah..." We entered the road and I kept my gaze outside.

"How is she? I hope she became happy after staying with you both. She missed her family a lot." I asked him.

"Yeah, she is enjoying being home. And Roberto is spending most of his time with her. I have some business to take care of. So I don't get much time in the morning. But evening we sit together and talk for a long time."