Chapter - 9

"No

"No...in nessun modo. Non permetterò questo. Devi tornare con noi".
("No...no way. I am not gonna allow this. You have to come back with us.")

From morning onwards, Alessandra was persuading me to not take her back coz she wants to continue her internship here. I tried to make her understand about her safety but she is least bothered about it.

"Leo questo è il lavoro dei miei sogni, la mia passione. Come posso tirarmi indietro? Ricordo come vi ho convinto tutti per i miei ulteriori studi." Alessandra said.
("Leo this is my dream job, my passion. How can I back off from this? I remember how I convinced you all for my further studies.")

"Capisco, ma puoi continuare lì. E possiamo prevenire qualsiasi danno su di te. Papà ti ha mandato qui perché pensava che saresti stato lontano dai nostri nemici, ma vedi senza alcun preavviso che ti hanno attaccato. Quindi vuoi continuare qui?"
("I do understand but you can continue there. And we can prevent any harm to you. Dad send you here coz he thought that you will be away from our enemies but see without any warning they attacked you. So you want to continue here?")

"Per favore fratello. Amo lavorare qui. Voglio stare con i miei amici e Nandita. E non sono al sicuro nemmeno lì. Tutti ne abbiamo passate tante. Quindi, se i nostri rivali vogliono fare quello che vogliono con noi, lo faranno indipendentemente dal posto".
("Please brother. I love to work here. I want to be around my friends and Nandita. And I am not safe there either. We all had gone through a lot. So if our rivals want to do whatever they want with us, they will do irrespective of place.")

I glared at her and put my gaze on the file in my hand.

"Ho detto la mia decisione. E il suo finale. Non devi sprecare le tue energie".
("I said my decision. And it's final. You don't have to waste your energy.")

I saw the disappointment on her face and felt sorry coz deep inside her mind, she wants to live a peaceful life for some more years. This was the main reason for her to study this course in this country. She thought she could be away from the chaos in her daily life but sometimes it won't last long.

"Bene..." Her voice made me come out of my thoughts. I closed the file and placed it on the table.
("Fine...")

"Sono pronto a lasciare il mio sogno, il mio lavoro... ma c'è una condizione".
("I am ready to leave my dream, my job...but there is a condition.")

"Che cos'è?" I asked.
("What's that?")

"Riverò il mio background familiare a Nandita. Condividevo tutto con lei tranne questo. Così---"
("I will reveal about my family background to Nandita. I used to share everything with her except this. So---")

"NO... MAI." I stood up immediately.
("NO! NEVER!")

"Perché no? Almeno avrebbe dovuto sapere che era stata in buoni rapporti con una ragazza di famiglia mafiosa. Lo farò l'ultimo giorno del nostro incontro".
("Why no? At least she should know that she had been on good terms with a girl from a Mafia family. I will do this on the last day of our meeting.")