Chapter - 20

I didn't expect Nandita would do that to me

I didn't expect Nandita would do that to me. Our lips touched for the first time. And I loved it. I didn't know for how long we forgot ourselves in our kiss until we broke it to catch a breath.

I stared at her for few seconds before my lips met her's again. A moan left her mouth which made me kiss her more. I know we loved it. I don't want it to end.

“Le...Leo..." Nandita whispered.

“Tell me..."

“I love you so much!"

“I love you too!"

She hugged me and I reciprocated it. We stayed like that feeling our warmth. She smelled good and I tried to control myself ’cause I can't wait for more to become naughty with her.

“Can I ask you one thing?" She mumbled.

“Yeah..."

“If a situation comes where you have to choose between me and your family. What will you do? What if they find me unfit for your family?"

“Trust me Nandita. I will never abandon you. You are gonna be my wife, my everything forever. So I won't leave you if I have to go against my family. That time you are my family. Not them." I sighed and then she looked at me.

“I promise you that I will never let that happen. I need you in my life but you shouldn't be separated from your family. Nobody should suffer my pain. Staying away from your family and not having any contact with them is a terrible situation. I don't want you to go through it."

I saw a teardrop escaping her right eye. Her eyes reflected her pain. I can't see my amore like this. I wiped it off and embraced her.

“Don't cry. You will be relieved from it once you get to see my family. They are your family too. You will be happy around them. But I have a question."

“Ask Leo."

“Will you go with your parents if they come to take you back?"

“No!"

“Really?" I glanced at her.

“Yes, Leo. They can't do anything after our marriage." She smiled. I kissed her forehead gently.

“Of course Nandita. After our marriage, I won't let them see you ever in their lives. You are gonna stay with me." I said to myself and smirked.

" I said to myself and smirked

Chachu, please... Don't let them come here. I don't want them to spoil my life again."

“They won't beta. Bhaiya and Bhabhi always wished a great life for their children."

“So that's the reason they decided to get me married after my studies." I scoffed. Chachu went silent.

Currently, I am at Daksh's house having a little argument with Chachu. He called my parents and informed them about my affair with Leonardo. Daksh informed them but he didn't expect that Chachu will do this.

“Dad it's her life. Even we can't make decisions for her. She has the full right to choose a person in her life." Daksh supported me.

I glanced at Chachi who hasn't uttered a word till now. But I know she doesn't want this to happen.

"Mom tell Dad that he is becoming too much."

“What he said is right Daksh. Nandita needs her parents' blessings and her brothers' presence also. You have to understand that."

“Chachi I don't care about religion or backgrounds. I just want to be happy in my life. And Leo is the one for me. It's true."

“Beta we agree with you that you have the right to marry the person you like. But at least your parents should be there for your wedding right?"

I realised that convincing Chachu, in this case, is very hard to achieve. He won't support me if I get married without my family's permission. Chachi will be on his side. So I decided to fight for me.

“I won't back off Chachu. It's my life, my choices. No one has the right to question me." I raised my voice startling them. It's the first time I went against Chachu.

“I am repeating. This is for your good. You need to invite your family and before that, we need to check about this guy. Whether he is suitable for you or not."

“That's not needed. I know what's good for me or not. Better you stay away from it."

“How dare you talk to me like that?" Chachu shouted. He was boiling with anger. Daksh immediately stood beside me. I turned towards him.

“I am sorry Daksh but I couldn't control myself. Chachu is doing unwanted interference now. So I thought of keeping him on his limits."

“Mind your language Nandita," Chachu shouted again and Chachi tried to calm him down.

“I don't care." I took my purse from the table and started to walk towards the door. Before stepping out, I turned towards them.

“I will get married to Leonardo soon. He is gonna be my husband, my life till my last day on this planet. And if Chachu allows, Daksh can attend my wedding. Chachi please pray for me."

“Don't ever think that Daksh will attend your wedding. He won't come." Chachu declared.

“Fine..." I shot a glare at him before slamming the door.

*****

“Okay, Ms Khanna. Wish you a happy married life and a better life ahead." The Chief congratulated me after accepting my resignation letter.

“Thank you, sir. It was great working under you."

"Liar..." He chuckled.

“No sir. I am saying the truth. You are better than my professors who taught me. You are a good human."

“Thanks for the compliment." He smiled and I walked out of the room.

I ambled towards the entrance. Leonardo was waiting for me. We decided that after my resignation we will shift to his house. I took all my belongings from my apartment. I was sure that I won't be back there. I handed the key to my neighbour and contacted the owner to get it from her.

“Done!" I said and Leonardo smiled.

“Now you are free of everything. It's time to start preparing for our D-day."

“Yeah of course..." I hugged him.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞What's your opinion about Nandita's decision to not involve her parents on her wedding day?

☞Will something bad happen that she will regret later?

☞Is Leonardo the one for her?