Chapter - 46

I was glancing at the water down

I was glancing at the water down. Harshad was beside me. He was silent. After father said about this place, my mind was restless when I stepped out of the car. But now I am okay. Nobody to watch. No noises. Only us.

"Okay. Now tell me what do you want to say." Finally, he broke the silence.

"I am still having this nightmare. It's troubling me a lot."

"Then why didn't you tell me before?"

"I thought I could try myself to get out of it. But now I realised... I need your help!"

He came more closer and held my shoulders. There was a small smile on his face. I stared at his eyes.

"I told you that you can ask me for any help. I know how much you are trying to mend your broken heart. And, indeed, you can never erase off your past. It's a fact!"

"I know it Harshad. But if I continue to allow these nightmares to overpower me, then my life will be more complicated."

"Nandita you are a strong woman. You will definitely come out of this pain and all. And I wish to see that side of yours soon."

I sighed. He is trying to console me. Deep inside my mind, I want to give our relationship a chance. I don't want to disappoint anyone. Not even Harshad. He is a good guy and I feel lucky that I got a husband like him.

"It's not too late okay. You can do it. Just fight against these nightmares. Tell them to go away from you. Forever. I am damn sure that you will smile happily."

"Thank you for this motivation."

"I will do anything to see you happy. Because as I said before, I like you a lot."

"I like you too."

"From here onwards we will share the problems we are facing and will do our best to help each other okay?"

"Yes. We will." I smiled and felt like a burden is put down from my mind. I felt calm.

"So you want to go or wanna stay?"

"Um... you decide."

"Then we can stay for some more minutes."

He turned to face the water and we interlocked our fingers. I rested my head on his arm and stared at the sky with no stars. It was dark. I reminisced the night in his parents' room and my conversation with Father and Daksh. I understood one thing that no matter what I can trust my husband. And now I know he will be there for me.

"Nandita?"

"Mmm."

"Do you want to meet your family?"

I looked at him. "I miss them. Why?"

"I think going to your house and being with your family can make you feel better. I will also join you. Don't worry about the company works. Aman will handle it."

"No. It's not good if we both go in this state. I need some time to try again. They will be upset if they find out that I am struggling with nightmares. So we can go when I feel that I am okay."

"Fine. If that's what you want, then we can go later."

We smiled and stared at each other's eyes. His eyes are captivating and they reflected the feelings he has for me. He brought up his hand to caress my cheek. I felt a fluttering sensation in my stomach.

Oh My God! What's this? Why am I feeling this now?

"Can we go back? I am feeling sleepy." I lied so that this sensation can go away. He nodded and we got inside the car.

The moment we stepped inside our room, her phone rang

The moment we stepped inside our room, her phone rang. I glanced at the name displayed. Alice, Daksh's colleague. She looked at me before answering it and walked towards the balcony. I sauntered towards my closet and my gaze fell on a golden cover.

I took it and realised that it's Nandita's bridal dress. I stared at it and remembered how gorgeous she was looking that day. One word isn't enough to describe her beauty. Even though she likes to be simple, she will look good in every dress she wears.

I kept it back and sauntered towards the bed. Nandita was still on phone. Minutes later, she came and laid beside me. She switched off the light.

"Good night Nandita."

"Good night Harshad." She mumbled and pulled the duvet over her.

I stared at the ceiling and tried to get sleep but my attempts failed. So I got up and ambled towards the balcony. I glanced around. A cool breeze hit my body and I heard the crickets chirping.

Moments later I felt someone's presence behind. I turned and saw Nandita. "You didn't sleep?" I asked.

"I did. But when I opened my eyes, I didn't see you. So I thought you will be here."

"Well, I wasn't feeling sleepy."

She stood beside glancing at the surrounding. I gently held her hand and she shifted her gaze back to me. "It's so nice. I mean the atmosphere." I mumbled. Nandita nodded her head in agreement.

"Yes. That's why I love the night."

"Me too."

We didn't speak for a couple of minutes. Suddenly I felt her arms around my torso. I looked at her and she rested her head on my chest. I hugged her.

"It's so nice to stay like this," Nandita mumbled which formed a smile on my lips.

"Nandita, can I kiss you?" I asked little hesitant.

Her eyes met mine and with a smile, she nodded. I cupped her face and my lips touched her forehead.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞So the husband and wife are getting closer. Do you think they can fight against all odds to lead a happy life?

☞How many of you miss the Mafia Don?

☞ You are going to witness a leap soon. Now characters will be introduced soon.