Chapter - 68

I didn't say anything

I didn't say anything. I know what I did has broken her and I don't deserve her forgiveness. I put my gaze on the floor. Nandita didn't speak for a couple of seconds before she put forth the first question.

"Where were you? For the past six years."

I was expecting this question from her anytime. And I had planned to reveal about my disappearance from her life. The reason for which I couldn't get to her.

"I was attacked the day you escaped. When I received the letter, I was furious and was determined to find you. I asked my men to search for you. Roberto and Alfredo too joined. But I didn't expect a sudden attack from the rival Mafia. Even though some of my guards were there, they entered inside the mansion and Alessandra was attacked first. At that moment, I forgot about you and tried to save my family.

Fortunately, my parents and sister were saved and after knowing about the attack all the ones who went in search of you came back. While I was fighting, one person from the rival Mafia shot me on my leg. And then another bullet hit me on the shoulder. I fell and then I was beaten. Alfredo killed everyone on time and saved me. But I lost my consciousness and I woke up after five and a half years later."

I stopped and glanced at Nandita who didn't keep eye contact with me. I continued. "I went into a coma stage. I took some time to recover even after i gained consciousness. And that attack was the first one that overpowered me. I couldn't do anything to reach you. None of my family members didn't try to reach out to you. I was helpless and..." I paused and took a sharp breath. "And I lost you."

I heard her breathe out heavily and then our eyes met. Here's were emotionless. But she stared at me and glanced at the glass on the table. "I need some water."

I got up and gave the glass. It was already filled with water. Nandita took a sip and gestured me to sit beside her. I did as said.

"I feared that you will find me and bring me back to your life which is equal to hell. That's what I considered about the Mafia life when Mia revealed everything about you. I loved you a lot but after realising about the lifestyle I am gonna live with you disturbed me. I thought I don't deserve a life like yours. If you haven't been into this life, then we would have lived the way we wished... No! The way I wished."

"It's all my fault Nandita. I thought that you will leave me if you get to know about the real me. That's why I hid the reality from you. I only told Alessa not to tell you about our family. I feared losing you. Because I loved you that much. I haven't felt that emotion to any other girl I met before you."

"But you already lost me. I didn't plan to get married after I went away from you. I still feared that one day you will appear and harm my family. So I didn't wish to settle down. But my family was concerned about my future. And when I thought from their perspective, I decided to move on. And as a blessing Harshad came into my life."

I looked away from her. Hearing his name still triggered me. Already I made her miserable but it's not good to show my anger again. I need to stay calm. But Nandita could realise what was in my mind.

"Don't get angry. You need to understand that you lost the love of your life. Now I have a family, a husband, a child. I have no reason to think about you. I know you want me. But everything is over Leonardo."

I clenched my jaw hearing her words. Yes, I indeed lost her at one time but now I can't stay away from her. She is married and has a daughter but I will always get what I wish to get. I don't want to lose her again. She can keep on hating me but I will keep on loving her. Her presence is what I want even if she doesn't love me back. But I won't lose my hope.

"Don't think too much. As I said before, I won't forgive you for the crime you have done. You indirectly disrespected me and forced yourself on me. You gave me an unbearable pain. If you had insulted me in front of the guests I would have cared less but this---"

"You can hate me Nandita for whatever I had done to you. But you should know one thing. I love you. I still love you."

Suddenly she got up and glared at me. I stood facing her. "No Mr Martinelli. You don't love me. You are just obsessed with me. Obsession is not love. When I realised that I love you, that was a new thing to me at that time. It was a beautiful emotion to me. But later when Harshad came into my life, I realised that love is one of the purest things in this world. It's all about caring, sacrificing and above all respecting the person whom you love the most.

Harshad only taught me the true meaning of the love that you give to your soulmate. And I cherished that love. Even after we became parents also we enjoyed every moment we spend together. That's what a person will do to his dear one. And Harshad---"

"ENOUGH! ENOUGH NANDITA!" I raised my voice at her. For how many times will she irritate me by telling his name. "I hate hearing his name. Stop it now. And don't utter that man's name."

"That man is my husband, Mr Leonardo Martinelli. My daughter's father. You don't have any right to restrain me from speaking about him."

"I do have the right because you belong to me. Sooner or later we will be living as a couple. Nobody is going to care whether you are married or not because you won't be going back to your country or your family. This is your family, this is your life. Understood?"

"Listen to me, Mr Martinelli. I am not going to be yours. And I mean it." Nandita shouted at top of her voice.

"Are you challenging me, amore?" I smirked getting more close to her. But she didn't move a bit. I tried to touch her cheeks.

"Don't touch me you devil." She shoved my hands.

"Look Nandita. I only have the right to claim you. Six years ago, we both decided to be together till our end. Now I am going to fulfil it. If you are not willing, then remember. Just a phone call is enough for me to finish off the two lives which are dearest to you."

Saying so, I walked towards the door. A victorious smile crept on my face when I saw her shivering a little due to the impact of my words.

"I hope you understand the after-effects and behave well," I said and shut the door.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞Is this going to be a tough journey for Nandita?

☞Will Leonardo shut her in a cage?