Chapter - 71

"Nandita please do something

"Nandita please do something. Leo was attacked. Please help us." Roberto rushed towards me when his gaze fell on me. Alessandra went and supported Leonardo.

"Make him lie down. You can't keep him standing like that." I said and went towards Leonardo.

I examined his condition. He was brutally attacked. Blood was oozing out of the wounds. He was finding it hard to stand. I touched his shoulder and pulled my hand back when he winced.

"Bring him," Roberto said and he was laid on the sofa. Now all the people in that mansion were present. I saw Mia standing with other maids.

"Mia go and bring towels, hot water and the first aid kit."

She nodded and went to get everything. A few maids too followed her and within seconds the kit was brought along with the towels. I wiped the blood from his body.

"Get me more," I said holding the last towel. I looked at Leonardo. I was still a little conscious.

"Look, Leonardo. Try to be conscious. You will be fine." I assured him.

The last drop of blood was wiped off and carefully I washed his wounds using the water. He winced and tried to move out of pain but I ordered him to stay still. The maids helped by providing everything on time. Mrs Martinelli was still in shock. Alessandra and Aurora were consoling her.

By the time I finished treating his wounds, the whole family was gathered including the men who weren't at home. Mr Martinelli was calming down his wife. I glanced at Roberto. "I think he was beaten using hard things. Am I right?"

"Yes. He was coming back but in between few men blocked our way and Don was attacked." Alfredo said.

"But how did this happen? He had tight security around him." Mr Martinelli yelled.

"But sir the people were many. They got out of the car quickly and started shooting. We fought back but..." He paused.

"Idiot! This is how you protect my son."

Alfredo hung his head unable to face Mr Martinelli. I can't blame him because his son was attacked and the bodyguards couldn't prevent it. I got up and went towards Leonardo's mother. She was crying while staring at her son.

"Don't worry Mrs Martinelli. Leonardo is fine. He is too tired coz of the attack. He needs to be observed. I assure you that your son will be better within days."

She looked at me hopefully. "I am scared."

"No. Be strong for him," I mumbled looking at him.

"Let's take him to his room. The necessary things should be kept there." I said looking at his brothers.

They nodded and Roberto, Salvatore, Alfredo and Alessandro helped Leonardo to get up. He was weak but somehow they managed to make him stand on his feet. Before them, a few maids went to Leo's room to arrange.

"Alessandra take your mother to her room. I will check on Leonardo."

"Okay." Alessandra turned towards her mother. "Come on mom. You need to relax. She will take care of Leo."

Mrs Martinelli agreed. Aurora also decided to accompany them but the next moment a voice shocked us all. Salvatore screamed Leonardo's name. We turned towards them and saw Leonardo collapsed on the stairs. But the four of them were holding him. I rushed and reached beside him.

"What happened?"

"Suddenly he fell. We were supporting him but it was unexpected." Roberto said.

I patted his cheek and called out his name. But there wasn't any response. That time, the unresponsiveness worried me. I glanced at Mr Martinelli. He stood with a look of panic on his face. Mrs Martinelli was crying uncontrollably.

"He needs to be shifted to a hospital immediately."

"What? No Nandita. We can treat him here." Salvatore said.

"But look at his condition. He has to be treated well. For that, he has to be taken to a hospital."

"But Nandita---"

"Mr Salvatore. It's about your brother's life. He is very weak. Understand that first."

"I do. But Nandita I---"

"Let's take him to our hospital," said Mr Martinelli.

"Yes yes. There we can provide the treatment he needs. Let's take him there." Mrs Martinelli also agreed.

Immediately Leonardo was taken to the hospital. All followed the car and the medical team was ready when we reached. He was rushed towards the room which was prepared for him. I observed it and everything was available. The nurses connected the monitor and he was given an oxygen supply. His blood pressure was slightly low but the saturation level was normal.

"Are you a doctor?" The doctor asked to which I nodded.

"Fine. Actually Mrs Martinelli told me that you treated him back home. And she wants me to involve you with us."

"Ok doctor. I will help you."

"Good Dr---"

"Nandita Khanna."

"Ok, Dr Khanna. Tell me about his condition when you saw him."

I explained everything to him. He even asked Alfredo a few questions about the accident. Later he prescribed some medicines and ordered the nurse to give everything on time. The room was under surveillance, so no malpractice won't happen.

When the hurry burry got settled, I stepped out and upon seeing me Mrs Martinelli embraced me. She didn't stop crying. I hugged her back. "Mrs Martinelli I told you not to be sad. Your son is fine. He fainted because as I said before he was too tired. Now the doctor and nurses are here. He is not in danger."

She cupped my face. "I have faith in your words, dear. I just want Leo to become better as soon as possible. This is the second time he is attacked like this. The first time the impact was worse that he went into a coma stage. I can't bear to see him in that state again."

"Trust me. He will be okay. I promise you that I will also look after him."

"Will you? Because he hurt you." Angelica asked. I understood what she meant. I moved a bit away from Mrs Martinelli and faced everyone.

"I know he hurt me a lot. But I am taught to save a life even it's our enemy. I am saying this because he is a human who needs care now. I will help him to recover like I promised Mrs Martinelli. I won't let him die or take his life by myself to seek revenge coz Roberto asked me to save him. And I must do it. So no need to worry."

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞Did Nandita do right by deciding to treat Leonardo?

☞Will it be right for her to leave him in this condition coz he hurt her?